Thread: Garmin 750s trip logs

Garmin 750s trip logs

As the title suggests, is there a trip log function on the garmin 750 series chart plotter. I want to know total distance traveled over a trip, day or week etc.
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Re: Garmin 750s trip logs

Not sure on the exact answer to your question Brucey but my old 4010 and my current 7012 keep a log that I look at by doing a complete transfer to an SD card and opening it in Homeport and doing it that way.
    As for the 750s im not too sure but I'd be keen to hear what others say or failing that I'll have a look at mine on Friday.
    Do you suspect someone has moved its position on the driveway and you want to find out details?

Bruce,

you can use your tracks as a trip log, download the data to your sd card, use home port, double click on the track, Select all of the points it will give you a total. If you have your engine data, you can also get fuel burn, depth and a bunch of other stuff from it.

Track.jpgGraph.jpg

Regards
    Honda.

Guessing you know there's an odometer and a trip meter? if not, both trip and odo can be accessed through INFORMATION >> DASHBOARDGUAGES >> TRIP. To reset MENU >> RESET ODO or RESET TRIP. (Careful not to reset all as that includes waypoints :-(

To display trip meter on a chart then select the chart you want then MENU >> CHARTSETUP >> OVERLAY NUMBERS and choose from there.

If you want a list of trips i have no idea

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post
    Not sure on the exact answer to your question Brucey but my old 4010 and my current 7012 keep a log that I look at by doing a complete transfer to an SD card and opening it in Homeport and doing it that way.
    As for the 750s im not too sure but I'd be keen to hear what others say or failing that I'll have a look at mine on Friday.
    Do you suspect someone has moved its position on the driveway and you want to find out details?
    I dislike this post, as I think your taking the piss out of me lol. Cheers muddy keep up the good work.
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Thanks guys for the above posts. I saw the dashboards but as the boat is still stuck in the driveway I was unsure if they were linked to the motor through nmea or separate. I'm checking out the manual again as I type.

Quote Originally Posted by tropicrows View Post
    I dislike this post, as I think your taking the piss out of me lol. Cheers muddy keep up the good work.
    Im sure Chris would have made a driveway joke too if not for the barrage of wittyness that would come his way on such a subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post
    Im sure Chris would have made a driveway joke too if not for the barrage of wittyness that would come his way on such a subject.
    I think chris is avoiding driveway comments for a little while....

Ausfish Platinum Member whiteman's Avatar

Tropicrows - see Honda's post above. It is THE most useful feature off the 750/Homeport system. And yes, what you are after is the most basic feature of ANY GPS.