Thread: Gatton - fish anywhere near here

Gatton - fish anywhere near here

How far do ou have to go to get to some decent action from Gatton way. I mean fishing. Is it easiest just to go through to moogerah or brissie river round colleges crossing way?Has clarendon any fish in it at all. sorry forgot to mention via kayak.
    regards jim

Re: Gatton - fish anywhere near here

clarendon if thats the main river in warrick it has a crap load of carp never fished it but done my research on it and they do the carp busters thing every year

Clarendon is nowhere near Warwick. You could try Clarendon or Lake Dyer at Laidley. Best bet would be to run across to Lowood/Fernvale through Glanore Grove and fish the Brissie River at Twin Bridges or Harpeng Road.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

What are you doing in Gatton, Jim?

Back at uni?

Oriellys Weir in patrick estate lowood would be worth a look.The locals hit it hard.
    Cheers
    Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Peter4 View Post
    What are you doing in Gatton, Jim?

Back at uni?
    yeah it's posible, depending on whether i can find anyone as a referee that will say nice things about me..so someone who'll lie basically. fair way off though so just sniffing. Must be good to just kayak from colleges anyway if the river is like it is atm. looks lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik View Post
    yeah it's posible, depending on whether i can find anyone as a referee that will say nice things about me..so someone who'll lie basically. fair way off though so just sniffing. Must be good to just kayak from colleges anyway if the river is like it is atm. looks lovely.
    I fish from Colleges a couple of times a week and always take two bass home for tea. I see some tinnies launching in there these days but I like to use my yak

Sheik, send me a pm with your name and I will add you on Facebook.
    I'm in Ipswich and I play poker with some guys who regularly fish Wivenho and the rivers for bass and perch.
    One of the guys is starting a kayak fish along business too. I'll send you a link to his page too.
    Cheers, Chris

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4frog View Post
    Sheik, send me a pm with your name and I will add you on Facebook.
    I'm in Ipswich and I play poker with some guys who regularly fish Wivenho and the rivers for bass and perch.
    One of the guys is starting a kayak fish along business too. I'll send you a link to his page too.
    Cheers, Chris
    Hey thanks Chris but I'm not on the facebooks,,, what about websites? Tell uus more about the fish along bsuiness

Hi Sheik, try sweetwaterfishing.com.au lot of local guys & plenty of info about the local area. Should be able to organise a get together to show you some of the spots.

Cheers Andrew

If you have a small boat you can troll or bait fish along the wall at Lake Dyer, if you don't have a boat try the end oaf the wall there you should get Yellow belly

Jim,
    What the bloody heel are you doing?
    Why leave where you are to go to Gatton. Mate I lived there for 4 years and couldn't wait to get out of the place .... and yes spent many a night at the Uni parties mixing it with what ever country hussy was too intoxicated.
    As for fishing ... before the big floods we fished the Lockyer creek for lots of catfish and the odd yella. We hit up Bill Gum dam at Laidley for yellas whenever we could be bothered driving that far amd if we were real excited we would drive to Sommerset or Wivenhoe which were abut an hour away. About the same distance is Cooby dam north of Toowomba which held great big yellas but you need and electric only.
    Gatton - Jim you've got to be kidding me.
    Brett