Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: That time again

Re: That time again

Hey Dean
    Well done mate. Good to see they are back. Out where u use to put them?
    I just bought a Kayak, so i will be able to put 2 or 3 pots on it.
    Bait?

Cheers
    Greg

Well done mate, it looks as though it was worth the effort.
    Cheers.

Greg, 5 of the pots we used some whole mullet i caught a while back , the other pot was bream and whiting frames. They all worked.
    Same area mate yeah.. where you planning on using the yak?
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by royslaven View Post
    Put my pots out off wello yesterday arv, talked to old mate coming back to the ramp, he only had 2 just legals and 2 slashed pots for an overnight soak, so didn,t bode well for me, so out just after first light to check mine this morning, and saw the local pro not far away, and sure enough , first 2 pots had no bait and 1 just legal in each, then saw a pro pot 50 mtrs away that wasn,t there yesterday, then went to check other 2, 1 gone completely, or float cut and the other slashed with bait bag missing ( have trendy little crab n gear bait bags) and a pro pot nearby that wasn,t there yesterday. So not happy jan, this has happened before in this area, so probably should have realised things haven,t changed....mongrels....roy
    roy that really sucks. I have never had a pot slashed that i can remember. I must admit ive done a lot of crabbing and leaving pots unattended and have only really lost a couple of cheap pots. When sand crabbing I purposely set my pots way out in the open for all to see, so nobody really knows who may be watching. When mud crabbing up the creek in hidden away spots i always keep an eye on them or stay nearby, thats where you are more likely to lose your gear. Use the cheap pots for sandies, they work great and wont hurt as much as losing a $50 heavy duty one
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

roy,i wont crab down wello point way cause of that very reason..bloody grubs around there..

Yeah kingcray, thought i had my pots away from others as well, but didn,t turn out that way and i only leave the cheaper type of pots out unattended , but still is a crappy feeling after you go to the effort of putting them out and then some a/hole takes advantage.
    Rosco, wello is my local ramp , so is convenient and you do catch crabs around here if the mongrels leave em alone, not sure which way to go next, will just have to sit on em and watch, cheers, roy