Thread: Camping/Cabins at Coochin Creek??

Camping/Cabins at Coochin Creek??

Gday Guys, I am interested in doing some camping at Coochin creek in a couple of weeks time. I looked at the camping area that is 1km upstream of the ramp but have had a few mates tell me that you cant get a boat up there from the ramp.I dont have a trailer for my tinny and I will just be driving it down from Caloundra so I need to keep it in the water when camping.
    I have heard of some cabins around the Coochin area but cant find any info on them anywhere??? I have also heard that there is a farm or something out near the mouth of Coochin that allows campers to camp on the property??? Does anyone know anything about either of these 2 options?
    I have looked at the Mission point camping area and the Lime Pocket spot but they are both fully booked on the 12th of October which is when I want to go..

Any advice is greatly appreciated,
    Thanks
    Lee
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh

Re: Camping/Cabins at Coochin Creek??

I think you are misled about the creek not being navigable between the ramp and the camping ground.

Never heard of a cabin for rent in the area, but I suspect one or two are weekenders that let friends and family stay at.

If you have a boat why not camp down in Lime Pocket at the camping areas??
    Jack.

Have you tried the camping ground at Donnybrook ?
    Cheers Mal
    Feel the FEAR!
    Then do it ANYWAY !!

G'day guys, yeh have tried both mission point and lime pocket camping areas but all booked out. The donnybrook camping ground is also booked out. Apparently there is some fishing comp on that weekend, 12 oct.
    Thanks for the info
    Lee
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh

Yer there are cabins to rent but there towards the mouth either side of the creek, and yes at low tide theres a big sand bar around the cornner from the ramp heading up to the camp grounds if you have a shallow draft boat and lift your leg up you can get up there depending on the tides,there a many places that you can pull up to the bank and have a camp.