Thread: for the nuke chook non believers....:-)

for the nuke chook non believers....:-)

Re: for the nuke chook non believers....:-)

The original and still the best (Except for z-mans that is)

Crunchy..

I have been trying to convert to using Zmans.... although i have caught a few fish now...especially jewies....they are not matching it with the nuke chooks yet....

lockie youngboke reconds there all blind now,lol..next trip out with ya he prob be using the nuc chook himself.lol...what size hook did u have on the weekend...going to get a few lighter jigheads...

Haha.....

It was a 3/4 with 6/0. I reckon i should have gone down to a 1/2 though.....

yeah I a going to get some 3/4 and 1/2 just wasn't sure what hook size ...

Quote Originally Posted by snapperbasher View Post
    Crunchy..

I have been trying to convert to using Zmans.... although i have caught a few fish now...especially jewies....they are not matching it with the nuke chooks yet....
    Not a big believer in them myself...not much success on them yet, they don't smell right, but they seem to be all the rave but I might sneak back to the NC's while no one is looking

Why try and fix something that isnt broke!

its just the cost factor with the gulps..... one fish per plastic...... and the minute you leave them in the rod holder for an hour they are stuffed.....

I've tossed a few jig heads after trying in vein to get shriveled up gulps off them!

Quote Originally Posted by snapperbasher View Post
    .....its just the cost factor with the gulps..... one fish per plastic...... and the minute you leave them in the rod holder for an hour they are stuffed.....
    Ah..... a light goes on. So I figured I could leave em on rod for days and just re-scent them with squidgee or gulp juice.

Is that why my spectacular fishing record is still unbroken? (An endless series of donuts)

(Using Tapatalk on iPhone so can't easily 'thank' or 'like')

@ snapperbasher

What's the correct way to use these nukes? Is it the same as flick baiting or just let them sink to the bottom?

I purchased a pkt 2 years ago, never used. Can dry nukes be revitalised?

Reason I ask, All the liquid in the packet had escaped (maybe a leak) and all dry as a bone.

Cheers, Bondy

Thats insane mate, What time we heading out on Saturday?

Bondy.
    I've found that 90% of the fish pick up the plastic on the drop. I usually cast as far as I can ahead of the drift and let it sink once it hits the bottom I usually give it a few flicks and then wind in and repeat.

The snapper in the 8th pic actually hit the plastic on a flatout wind back in right near the boat.....

And the trout seem to hit it just as you start winding in to have another cast.

I have had no luck in revitalising them.... its their only letdown.

SI,

Haha. you dont need to come with me to catch fish. most of those fish are caught off well known spots with the technique as described to bondy..... I think the secret is having confidence in the plastic and keep casting!! what you can't see in the pics is the amount of casts between those fish....with the 7" plastics you dont get alot of fish but generally when you do they are quality.

Cheers Lochie