Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost at 1770

Lost at 1770

Hi guys Its my first time at 1770 we got out for a couple hours after lunch today but struggled to find much if any activity around some of the close marks even the livies didnt want play the game . So am I missing something? wrong time of year? There must be something around as the house we are staying ( Banksia rest ) smells a bit fishy. Cheers Shaun.

Re: Lost at 1770

Quote Originally Posted by shaungonemad View Post
    Hi guys Its my first time at 1770 we got out for a couple hours after lunch today but struggled to find much if any activity around some of the close marks even the livies didnt want play the game . So am I missing something? wrong time of year? There must be something around as the house we are staying ( Banksia rest ) smells a bit fishy. Cheers Shaun.
    Yes sorry about that Shaun, tried to keep the smells at bay. Just spent 2 weeks there. The bait grounds were quite but plenty out a bit wider. Some good fish around if you can get out around the reefs. There were a few that struggled to find fish.

Mark
    No such thing as a fat alcoholic, just fat piss pots...

Ok thanks tomorrow looks good will try and head wider ,You could of left some beer in the fridge.thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shaungonemad View Post
    Ok thanks tomorrow looks good will try and head wider ,You could of left some beer in the fridge.thanks
    Wait till you see the suprise that the lump left in the sheets......

Quote Originally Posted by trymyluck View Post
    Yes sorry about that Shaun, tried to keep the smells at bay. Just spent 2 weeks there. The bait grounds were quite but plenty out a bit wider. Some good fish around if you can get out around the reefs. There were a few that struggled to find fish.

Mark
    hahahaha. we were just saying last night we were feeling a bit sorry for whoever was due to stay there next....

don't dig too deep in the backyard. them country gents are likely to have a worm farm on the go...
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Nah its all good when I turned up the cleaner was still here she said there was a bunch of guys in the house I thought someone from the M&G was the culprit , looks the you found a few goin buy the scales out the back, hopefully I can add to the collection.

Next question can you eat trigger fish (don't laugh) I caught some on soft plastic had good fun bringing them in, I was on a Charter here 3 years ago we through them back but not sure what they are like, If i could catch something decent it wouldn't matter.

I hope we did not leave too much snoring echoing around the place either,there was lots of that.Good luck,I found nothing in close except a cod at Bustard,I found nothing much everywhere really lol.

Shaun
    What size boat and what sort of fuel range do you have?

A few boats were doing alright drifting just inside of Outer Rock at Bustard Head.

Hmmm, I was in that house too Shaun with the rest of the guys. We were leving just as the cleaner turned up and she was filling in for the regular and she was pretty well hung over so was probably not travelling too quick.

Hope you do well for you time there.

Steve

if your struggling.. i know bugger all about the offshore stuff but trolling a few laser pros about 100m off the headland should connect you to a spannish at this time of the year surely....

I have a 5m half cab I think I will head north 2moro we went east today out near banana gutter for not much alot of pickers. I was hoping to go wide but wind is coming. I might even try for some macs. Thanks

We tried a few times for a mack but they alluded us this year but there was a couple landed....

Out around the Banana Gutter area last week was a heap of bait. Really big schools from West of the 5 mile right out to the green zone South West of Musgrave...........it was all along that southern line. I'd be trying to find that and prepare for marlin, reds, trout, nannys, cod, snapper and a host of other species.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post
    Out around the Banana Gutter area last week was a heap of bait. Really big schools from West of the 5 mile right out to the green zone South West of Musgrave...........it was all along that southern line. I'd be trying to find that and prepare for marlin, reds, trout, nannys, cod, snapper and a host of other species.
    Thanks Muddy, I might wander out there later in the week.
    fruit salad is the new Bacon