Thread: sunday 22/9/13 off moreton

sunday 22/9/13 off moreton

weather looks great who's headin out,i got snapperbasher (lockie) and my son onboard so should be a good day...prob leave manly around 4.45...going to fish 33's tempest and maybe wide of point lookout...

Re: sunday 22/9/13 off moreton

What a great looking day ill be at hutchies as the sun rises. Leaving fishos at 3:30

Hey rosco. What is Sth passage looking like at the moment?
    I'm heading out tonight and may go through at about 1am. Depending on moonlight.
    Haven't heard too many reports for off point lookout lately. Haven't been out in a long time so will be good.
    Can't wait
    Cheers Shaun

Just be wary of the Whales gentlemen. Keep a GOOD watchout for them.

Mike

shaun, snapperbasher was over that way today said bar was flat as...should stay that way with the way the swell is rolling at the moment...its picked up today to 1.8 mtrs with bigger rolling at 3 mtrs from the south...recon it will drop by the morning when the southerly wind drops,
    cheers rosco
    will be on 21 callsign airtime

Rosco, I think a few of us found your Honey Hole. Its a bit of a run north from SPB but there were plenty of Snapper to go around (60-70cm). Unfortunately we were chasing Reds etc at the time so we were pretty disappointed with the "vermin" showing up
    Have a good one on the water
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

awesome neil but think I will struggle to get there today only carrying 440ltrs of fuel,might get there but prob have to paddle home.lol

Are the big snapper like that good eating?

(Using Tapatalk on iPhone so can't easily 'thank' or 'like')

Quote Originally Posted by WalrusLike View Post
    Are the big snapper like that good eating?

(Using Tapatalk on iPhone so can't easily 'thank' or 'like')
    It depends who you ask. I don't call 60-70cm "big" fish. I personally rate Snapper well down my preferred eating list and then prefer them under 75cm
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"