Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Summer whiting season in the South East !

Re: Summer whiting season in the South East !

Thanks, youngy. Man, that's a complicated canal system. I wouldn't trust my luck in there without a gps.

Does anyone know how the council chambers are fishing for whiting or is it a bit early

Been crowded there MDR. A few fish there the last few weeks but very crowded, some days/nights hard to get a good spot.

Been chasing them up the Sandy Straights and been having a ball. Last trip saw 40 fish over 30cm with 20 around 34cm. Great fun and great eating.

Attachment 96584 Some of last Saturdays catch.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	whiting 22.09.13.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	96585  

After reading this report I've done another couple of trips. Pulled 10 each trip as the bite period where I was fishing is only very small but great quality fish. A few 40+'s so far. Ben

Great Catch Perko !! yeah some quality in that lot....

Nice going Ben, 10 big fish a session sounds good to me !! Not the Nerang ? secret spot ?

MDR the Chambers has been a bit hot and cold lately with the better fish still upstream at the moment, we managed 30 whiting up to 40cm in a short afternoon session today.

We did a quick Trev fish on dark and when we left there were 4 boats in the Chambers area, as Craigie said weekends can be crazy busy there but most week nights you can fish anywhere in the river without much traffic. cheers wayne

Good to hear a bit of action there Youngy !
    I'm planning an overnighter for Thursday.
    Yeah got a couple of other spots further upstream that I'll take a look at as well.

Craigie they have been on all year it's just most guys don't think to go whiting fishing in winter, cheers wayne

Where in straights were those whiting caught? We were there last sat couldnt but a 30! Or 28er either lol down southern end tho

We fished up the north end. Put in at River Heads.

While on the Whiting topic, I am needing a couple of new whiting rods. I have been using a old sloppy 7ft ugly stick but the guides are rusted away. What is everyone using? I like to use a 2500 stradic with 8lb mono.

10 foot 6inch Snyder Glas "Crusoe Island", 9 foot Snyder Glas extra light "Contessa", 9 foot Gary Howard, 2 piece 3 wrap and a Live Fibre 7 foot, any of these are great for whiting fishing but there are plenty of cheaper ones out there, cheers wayne