Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: 1770. M & G. round up ..progress 2103

Re: 1770. M & G. round up ..progress 2103

G'day guys, being a new member can anybody give me the lowdown on what M&G is all about and when it's normally held. How to arrange accomodation etc. I live in Melbourne (but don't hold that against me, I'm a sunshine coast boy QUEENSLANDER !!!) and do a Swains charter every year to get my fix of reefies. Charter for the week costs $2700 including grog, tucker, and teminal tackle but not including driving up to Gladstone and back so I'd think the M&G wouldn't be any more expensive. I've got a 5.85M Streaker with a 150 Yammy 4 stroke that I'd tow up. Would it be OK for the fishing around Agnes and doing the reef trips that have been described here. (In decent conditions) Carries about 140 litres of fuel. BTW If any Melbournites are interested, let me know.
    Cheers Sladey

Quote Originally Posted by Sladey View Post
    G'day guys, being a new member can anybody give me the lowdown on what M&G is all about and when it's normally held. How to arrange accomodation etc. I live in Melbourne (but don't hold that against me, I'm a sunshine coast boy QUEENSLANDER !!!) and do a Swains charter every year to get my fix of reefies. Charter for the week costs $2700 including grog, tucker, and teminal tackle but not including driving up to Gladstone and back so I'd think the M&G wouldn't be any more expensive. I've got a 5.85M Streaker with a 150 Yammy 4 stroke that I'd tow up. Would it be OK for the fishing around Agnes and doing the reef trips that have been described here. (In decent conditions) Carries about 140 litres of fuel. BTW If any Melbournites are interested, let me know.
    Cheers Sladey
    Hey Sladey,
    check this thread
    http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...r-1770-M-amp-G.

just some light reading
    Will be held the week before school holidays in September, contact local real estate for acc.
    your rig should be fine and i think there would a couple starters from down south, they have come in the past...

Anything else just yell out
    Cheers
    Cheers,
    Chong

Thanks Chong. Jarrah Jack has PMd me about 1770 next year. I'll discuss tactics with him if I can make it next year. Might end up with a Southern convoy coming up but if it get's to state of origin I'm fishing for Queensland.

You should be seriously worried, Dirty Tootsies.

I'm not buying your "ohhh, but I was born in Queensland" routine. You can see what's happening ... you let one Mexican in and next thing ...... .
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Boat Hog View Post
    I'm not buying your "ohhh, but I was born in Queensland" routine. You can see what's happening ... you let one Mexican in and next thing ...... .
    Bam!.......An introduced population of pasty white vb drinking hobos that address everyone as bloke!

Quote Originally Posted by Boat Hog View Post
    Watch it, just watch it bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by Gon Fishun View Post
    Watch it, just watch it bloke.
    See what I mean .......
    Jim

Honestly blokes, Still XXXX and Bundy. Will never change.