Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 1770. M & G. round up ..progress 2103

Exclamation 1770. M & G. round up ..progress 2103

simply awesome/

Thanks to all who attended the Cook-Off.

Lots to talk about, but we raised $2,590.00 for the VMR.

murf again proved a hit and pulled off another Cook - Off win with his Beer Battered Hussar.

Thanks must go out to the Agnes Surf Club for the venue, the VMR for turning up and sharing our evening.

Cheers to Apollo ( Steve ) for hosting the night and all others who put in with assistance and also dug deep for a worthy cause.

The prawn peeling comp was won by Steve and Muddy did well in the chilli challenge and lasted 56 seconds. Marty made a sensational offer and won the auction for the Custom made Swag.

I will elaborate later, but for now...............

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Re: 1770. M & G. round up ..progress 2103

The 2013 Ausfish Annual Agnes Water / 1770 Meet & Greet kicked off with a few early starters that were duly rewarded for their efforts with eskies of Red coloured fish and alike.

The Tavern Night was huge with about 30 members turning up and indulging in the food and beverages.

Cook-Off night. How big was this ? Ernie Vaughan, Agnes Surf Club President provided all we could ask for at the event. Josie and her VMR team stayed the night to witness our “ goings on “ and a myriad of AF members entertained us for 4 hours or so.

Apollo ( Steve ) MC’d the night and should be congratulated for his wit and professional delivery of proceedings. The Cook-Off Team of murf, basserman, Horse, Wardysin and Netmaker certainly brewed up some fantastic grub and really, in the taste department, nothing separated them. The chef that had the most pro-active “ coin collector “ was eventually the winner by a small margin, being murf ( and collector..Les )… very closely followed by wardysin and (collector thedeckie ).

The Prawn Peeling Comp… judged by Mrs Boat Hog was won by a ring in….. Steve… son-in-law to Lucky_Phill. This was a great event and was keenly surveyed but all. The Chilli Challenge took on a twist with Challenger ( Muddy Toes ) enticing the chilli maker, tropicrows to also take part and even Captain Seaweed joined in with another 3 ferets trying their luck with the “ not much flavour but by Jesus, it’s hot “… brew!!!!

I would like to point out that the monetary winners of the Chilli Challenge and Prawn Peeling comp, donated their winnings back to the VMR, so thanks to Julie ( Black Magic ) and Naomi ( Pink Boat ? )

The raffles were drawn with about 30 prizes being handed out to the lucky recipients and a full list of sponsors will follow, but a special thank you must go to thedeckie ( paul ) for his efforts in gathering a huge amount of sponsored prizes. An auction was conducted at the end of raffle draws and the winner receiving a custom made swag. The battle was a 3 way struggle with Captain Seaweed ( Marty ) holding his nerve to claim the victory.

Chong ( Matt ) provided some light hearted action with his “ Rod from Hell “ offer for auction. A fishing rod with attached items such as stubbie cooler, EPIRB, ruler, alvey reel, knife and more, you just had to see it to believe it.

Thelump…otherwise known as macca turned up in his “ losing bet “ attire and I am sure there’ll be a photo or 2 floating around here somewhere. The other bet losers also received their attire and wore it with pride.

In all, members, friends and family raised $2,590.00 which was greatly appreciated by Josie and her VMR team.

So many people put in hard yards for this event and assisted. To the Cook-Off committee members…chong, thedeckie, Muddy Toes, Captain Seaweed, Apollo and to murf for once again providing the shirts that commemorate this special event.

Thanks to Ernie Vaughan and the Agnes Surf Club, Round Hill VMR and the Agnes business’s for their continued sponsorship, Caltex Servo and Agnes Tavern. A big thanks to my family members ( non-AF members ) who assisted with everything during the night, Tjara, Steve, Mal and Annette. Well done to the chef’s on the night and indeed to all members for turning up, digging deep, enjoying the company of the new and old members and for really displaying a disciplined approach to the evening and enhancing the reputation of the M & G and in particular Ausfish.

I will not forget the AF members that donated some really great prizes to place in the raffles and is sincerely appreciated. It was fantastic to see a number of new members and in particular them bringing along wives , GF’s and kids.

The count………………………………….114 people in all, attended. HUGE !!!!!!!!

Cheers LP

Great job last night Phill and Steve!!!!!

Did thedeckie (Paulinie) tell his story about a 4wd and Bribie Island ?

Great night and a well run event. Twas well worth the trip to put faces to names that have been on posts since I've been reading the forum.. Pity I'd only had a few hours sleep and couldn't make the most of the evening but that's fishin.

Mrs Boat Hog wanted to know what these were doing in Mr Boat Hog's back pocket the next morning.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1770 005 [1024x768].jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	96382  

Congrats Phill and the organising crew

A great night and certainly something everyone should endeavour to be a part of.
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

Sure as hell getting sick of missing these events. Oh well, maybe next year. I should be (wishful?) looking for a crew by then...
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Thanks for the night fellas, everything went well but next year can u make sure it blows 30knots the day after so we can get on it properly and not worry about boating the next day but 5-10's after that though

Cheers from boony
    Fishing can be defined as "A jerk on one end of the rod, waiting for a jerk on the other".
    "Fishing was around along time before you darling"

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard_King View Post
    Congrats Phill and the organising crew

A great night and certainly something everyone should endeavour to be a part of.
    Don't know how the dislike got there Gary and Phil but all fixed now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrah Jack View Post
    Don't know how the dislike got there Gary and Phil but all fixed now.
    I put it down to a M & G hangover
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

Jeez Terry, you still hung over ?

Spelling Garry with 1 r and Phill with 1 L ????

It's a Queensland thing

BTW. most folks have been covering the bottom of their eskies and many, many PB's being attained.

Rumour has it, that one of our female fishers donging a PB and XOS Snapper on a Soft plastic yesterday.. WHAT !!!!

Most Reds coming in are over and around the 10kgs mark, Cod to 23kgs, Spanos to 14kgs and some kick ass Nannies .

Cheers Phill

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Jeez Terry, you still hung over ?

Spelling Garry with 1 r and Phill with 1 L ????

It's a Queensland thing

BTW. most folks have been covering the bottom of their eskies and many, many PB's being attained.

Rumour has it, that one of our female fishers donging a PB and XOS Snapper on a Soft plastic yesterday.. WHAT !!!!

Most Reds coming in are over and around the 10kgs mark, Cod to 23kgs, Spanos to 14kgs and some kick ass Nannies .

Cheers Phill

Gee Phil I feel like flogging myself with a wet dead wombat for getting that Queensland spelling wrong. Back to the boondocks for me, by the looks, with my special Queensland spelling book to swot up on your version of the language.

Luckily Garry is more understanding of the pecularities a foriegner existing in Queensland and won't pick me up on it until I meet him at the next M & G.

I did manage a PB

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379454245.204232.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	96419

To the ferets that stuffed 13 bananas, party poppers and the mousetrap on my boat a few days ago, the bad luck didn't work.

Since then I have been out fishing 3 times and caught NO fish, broken a rod and burnt out the live tank pump, so it was Luck as usual and nothing extra.

LP

Another great M&G. The Cook off committee exceled and a heap of people turned up. A lot of laughs, some at my expense, and a very funny couple of taxi rides during the week. Again the social side of the M&G was great with awesome hogspitality on the Thursday evening. Thank Jim and Julie for a cracking BBQ! Tavern night on Friday was huge with a thousand ausfishers, well it seemed like it.
    There is nothing like returning from a fishing trip to see only 1 of your housemates boats in the driveway but about 15 ferrets sitting under the carport drinking beer. Then there was the fishing. 4 days straight from Friday morning saw Team Reeboot bag some great fish and I personally achieved 4 PBs. Some great Radio banter and boat to boat banter at a certain Nannygai spot. Tuesday was a blow out but a great chance to clean up and prepare for the next day. Also a great chance to go to The Tree Bar for a couple of quiet ones only to be invaded by about 8 ferrets one of which had a striking resemblance to Walter Matthau!! Wednesday was a troll day trying to get our new pet dinosaur and Reboot deckie "T Rex" onto his first Spanish which we managed to do. Those little T Rex arms were a blur at times. Cruised home today to prepare for the next leg of my 3 week holiday. Hopefully someone beats Cobiamans Red by at least 1 gram!
    Thanks heaps to the members of the Blue Fortress, Trymyluck (R1) Apollo ( R2) Giffo, ClevelandV8,Murf and Les and Honda900.Even though this year we shared with a QLDer it was still a great household. Cant wait till the next one.