Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 1770. M & G. round up ..progress 2103

Re: 1770. M & G. round up ..progress 2103

Quote Originally Posted by hooknpull View Post
    Phill can u post the prices up so some of us who want to make the trip can work out a ball park figure.. I'm super keen to come one year but can't find any friends who would want to take 2 weeks off to come up with me.. Maybe if I knew how much it will cost abouts I may be able to persuade them or find someone on here willing to do a trip with me..
    1770. M & G. round up ..progress 2103

The costs for the trip vary greatly.

Depends on your start point.

House rentals range from $550 - $1000 for the week.

Boat fuel depends on how many trips you do and to where

Food...most is brought with you, but some tavern nights are the go.

Grog......... as much as you want to bring and if it is home brew, it will be cheaper

Boat & Trailer prep.......... depends on the condition of ya boat and trailer, but they both need to be in top working order

bait.......... depends again on what you use and what type of fishing you want to do

Gear...... if you fish offshore anywhere, then you probably have enough tackle, rods etc.

Also depends on how many are in your crew.

Boat crew and house crew are different. Some houses share 3 boats ( crew ), that is 9 people stay in the one house, and each boat has a crew of 3. Cost of accom is dramatically reduced, cost of fuel divided by 3 is good. etc etc.

Not too hard to work out, but it is all to do with your individual circumstances.

Some people even utilize the camp grounds.

7 nights accom.................$800
    drive up and back from Brisvegas... $120.00
    drive around at Agnes...................$50.00
    food on driving trips.....................$50.00
    food at Agnes.............................$400.00
    Grog..........................................$250 .00
    Boat fuel ( 3 x reef trips ) .............$600.00
    Ice...........................................$60. 00
    Tavern night................................$100.00
    Cook-Off night.............................$70.00
    Bait.............................................$ 100.00
    Divide house, boat fuel, car fuel, ice, bait and food by 3............ = about 800 each and add in personal expenditure, so for around the $1,000 each, you'll have a good time. Mind you some here spent in excess of $3,000 each, but that was due to trailer and boat repairs, stupid amount of distance travelling for fish and lotsa grog !!! amongst other things.

Totally up to you how much you spend or don't spend.

Ride a motorcycle up towing a kayak and stay at the camp grounds, non-drinker and BYO Minute noodles and for the week you'll have change from $100.

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Yeh too easy, I worked out a rough fuel estimate from sydney to Agnes and I'm looking at $1200 return with my boat before boat fuel expenses.

I was in a group of 4, 2cars & boats, good quality house, ate well 50-50 home cooked /tavern or takeaway, moderate alcohol (didn't go thirsty), did 4 x 150-200km trips (one over-nighter). Fuel is the BIG $$$$. My share for 8 days was about $1,500.
    Mal
    Haines Hunter 650 'Horizon' 200 4st Johnson (aka Suk DF200) call sign "Dozer" or "Uripper"

Quote Originally Posted by hooknpull View Post
    Yeh too easy, I worked out a rough fuel estimate from sydney to Agnes and I'm looking at $1200 return with my boat before boat fuel expenses.
    Hi hook
    Mate I've been going up for 7 years now, and drive up from grafton, I always take around $2,000 for the week excluding rent, already paid. Fuel (diesel) between two of us, around $400, covers the 1800+k round trip, and driving around agnes. This year I had $1700, and got home with change. But we only took the boat out twice in the week.

Cheers
    Rob T/Red C

Quote Originally Posted by rob tranter View Post
    Hi hook
    Mate I've been going up for 7 years now, and drive up from grafton, I always take around $2,000 for the week excluding rent, already paid. Fuel (diesel) between two of us, around $400, covers the 1800+k round trip, and driving around agnes. This year I had $1700, and got home with change. But we only took the boat out twice in the week.

Cheers
    Rob T/Red C
    Not much compared to amount your body paid.............
    No such thing as a fat alcoholic, just fat piss pots...

Quote Originally Posted by uripper View Post
    I was in a group of 4, 2cars & boats, good quality house, ate well 50-50 home cooked /tavern or takeaway, moderate alcohol (didn't go thirsty), did 4 x 150-200km trips (one over-nighter). Fuel is the BIG $$$$. My share for 8 days was about $1,500.
    Mal
    PS: have just worked out the meager stash of fillets in the freezer are worth about $300 / kilo
    Haines Hunter 650 'Horizon' 200 4st Johnson (aka Suk DF200) call sign "Dozer" or "Uripper"

But you can't put a price on Good Company, Mal !

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    But you can't put a price on Good Company, Mal !
    True, but when the Kingfisher Mod himself comes & pings you (&others) at the "secret Nannagai spot" I reckon he desreves an "infraction notice" - fair enough?
    Mind you he did give me a mark or three, ... notwithstanding they were as barren as as pollies personality :-)
    Mal

Hmmmm, ive got a sneaky suspicion phil might have already had that mark....

Mal... that area ( marks ) have been in my GPS since Jesus played fullback for the Israelites.

The only reason I went there, was I was getting bounced too much to head out East of Muzzie. I usually fish that area at night...

Yes. most marks I have passed onto people are marks I have caught fish, but they have to be there.... barren ground by day does not translate into barren ground by night

cheers

Sorry Phill, 'twas meant in jest. I certainly appreciate and am so grateful all you have done ... time, advise, mullett, marks etc etc.
    Given my fishing skills, next time could you put the hook in the fish's mouth please?
    Mal

Good to the fish are still here 90 years down the track............
    No such thing as a fat alcoholic, just fat piss pots...

Quote Originally Posted by uripper View Post
    Sorry Phill, 'twas meant in jest. I certainly appreciate and am so grateful all you have done ... time, advise, mullett, marks etc etc.
    Given my fishing skills, next time could you put the hook in the fish's mouth please?
    Mal
    Don't worry Mal, you weren't the only one having trouble filling an esky

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Don't worry Mal, you weren't the only one having trouble filling an esky

Cheers
    I caught some extras so Mal had something to take home

I have towed our boat up from Tassie 3 times to Agnes, via Mooloolaba and when I brought the cat we used it there and then towed it back, Bugger the expence its worth every cent!!!! I didn't bring it up this winter but can guarantee that wont happen again!! its been a long cold winter this year. We usualy stay at least 8 weeks to make it worth it, and my 2 sons and a mate come so they chuck in, the most expensive part is getting it across bass straight, about $2500 return, the fuel up is only about $600 each way, still cheaper than going on charters all the time though, and besides you cant take it with ya!