Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 1770. M & G. round up ..progress 2103

Re: 1770. M & G. round up ..progress 2103

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RIMG1594.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	96603Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RIMG1571.jpg 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	96604Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020218.jpg 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	96605

Just would like to say a quick thanks to everyone. It was a great first M&G. Special thanks goes to Cheech, DJ and Chong and his housemates. My first introduction to joy. Is your memory meant to go after a heavy night on it???

Ben also saved me with spare bearings for my trailer thanks!

My first night was a choppy one in Fitzroy lagoon Sunday night. Mooring was great, Eddie, my deckie even caught coral trout on it! Some boats moored up (in the pic) across from us for the night and was fishing with this weird looking rod!

Thanks again to all! Sure to be up again next year.

Just a few more photos, Dave's birthday and getting on his long johns, Mike enjoying a sausage and some of the team having a power nap.

I did a couple of videos using my phone but cant find where there stored, it's a HTC if you can help.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0528.jpg 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	96638   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0505.jpg 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	96637   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0500.jpg 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	96636   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0508.jpg 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	96635   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0531.jpg 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	96639  

Name:	IMAG0544.jpg 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	96640  
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Can I ask who had the hard top Yalta up there?

Thank you for your comedy sketch at the ramp on Friday..........

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post
    Can I ask who had the hard top Yalta up there?

Thank you for your comedy sketch at the ramp on Friday..........
    I got no shame. It was me. I'm still learning. Hope I gave you all a good laugh.

On Behalf of Me, Myself and I plus some of Team Cant, some bloke named Tim and the old guy from across the road,

Thanks to everyone…with out the menagerie of personalities, habits, skills and boats these M&G’s would not be what they are, bloody fantastic.

All you Guys and Girls have made for another fantastic week at 1770, plenty of laughs, plenty of fish and plenty of “JOY” for all, cant ask for a better result.

For those that chipped in at the cook off, well done, you all made the night a super success and as part of the committee we all appreciate that effort, well done.

I did go fishing on Any C with skipper Wardie and Tangles as second deckie, we got some great fish and nearly bagged on reds on our first mission, coming home with 12 red and other assorted reefies.

Thanks Wardie and Tangles, as always a pleasure to fish with you guys, had a blast on the bar crusher.

I have some pics to come and Tangles is putting together a vid of the weeks highlights, cant wait to see that.

So once again thankyou everyone, sorry did not get to come and have a mug of joy with all but will try harder next year….

Cheers,
    Chong
    Cheers,
    Chong

Quote Originally Posted by JulianDeMarchi View Post
    I got no shame. It was me. I'm still learning. Hope I gave you all a good laugh.
    No mate............no shame.

It was a real bitch to get them on with no water, 5 other boats waiting and a bit of wind thrown in the mix, at least you guys did it with a smile on your faces and I think that was the reason why we all had smiles on our faces!!!!! Great attitude..............all in the name of fun.

Has it really been 10 years since the first one????
    My God that has gone fast - anyone out there still remember the original gathering?
    It must mean I'm about to celebrate my 10th wedding anniversary.
    Brett

Quote Originally Posted by bugman View Post
    Has it really been 10 years since the first one????
    My God that has gone fast - anyone out there still remember the original gathering?
    It must mean I'm about to celebrate my 10th wedding anniversary.
    Brett

Mis-read....... Buggy....

10th M & G but... 9th year. We had two the first year... one in Feb and one in October. Then one per year after that.

The one in Feb involved mostly small tinnies, with someone getting stuck ( ran out of fuel ) up Round Hill creek on a dropping tide at dusk.. ??? How's ya memory Brett.

Most of us stayed at 1770 and there was a big filleting session and cook up at your place ( Brett ) and I do remember Michelle & Dave ( the baker ) popping back to their bakery just before mid-night and bringing back a tray load of goodies... Cream Buns, Bread rolls, Pies etc etc........ we had 50 people turn up through-out the week at that M & G, some for a day or two etc.

We had big air on the bar, XXXX fishing off the back deck, extreme trajectory spewing, lots of crabs, sand flies and a great week. ahhh the memories. Was that the M & G I saw you hanging off the Honda of the Lightning mid ocean unwrapping braid from the prop ???? While your crew were apparently on Shark watch !!!

cheers
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 24-09-2013 at 11:09 AM.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Where s the PINK TIGHTS PICS
    jt
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

Quote Originally Posted by jtpython View Post
    Where s the PINK TIGHTS PICS
    jt
    Lets not be bring up the past that we all want to forget!

If you want to see men in pink tights, then I am sure there will be a website/support group somewhere for that problem.

Well another m&g has come and gone and already I can't wait for next years( wishing my life away) thanks to all who attended for making it another awesome event. Congrats to all the anglers who caught some stonkers and a big thanks to my crew, I managed to get that Spanish monkey off my back with only the red monkey still hangin on.... Two of our better fish from the weekClick image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380014430.664142.jpg 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	96648Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380014446.779881.jpg 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	96649Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380014458.195168.jpg 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	96650
    I am a fisherman,it's not something I merely do,it is who I am! Fishing is not simply my escape,it is where I am supposed to be,it is not a place that I go, But a life long journey I am taking, it is a passage that was shown to me and that I will continue to show to others. When you understand all of this, you will then know me and we will fish together.

Nice Macky Perry. I reckon you won't be able to keep clear of them from now on. They do go pretty good don't they?
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Another Agnes done,

The weather wasnt brilliant during the week but Team Cant got out and got stuck into the reds, on the Monday, Wardy Chong and myself got into 12 nice reds for the day, Trantor and the other ferrets got into some nice reds and trout with 11kg being the best...and on a later trip out it was a story of some new ground with big maoris and Chongs big lump of a cod which left him with a just red head. Stuie and Damo got into some nice reds and trout and Trantor was into some nice coral trout and JD busted his Red cherry.

As usual Friday night was down the pub, Saturday the ferrets were slightly excited so everyone got stuck into the Joy and Trantor was on a mission, enuf said, police tape, dripping mullet. The cook off? Muddy had about 5 side deals on the chilli so VMR maxed out.

In between the weather a bit of beach worming was done and whiting fishing as well. Friday morning out was a bit of a slog out but new ground was explored, all week we never saw another boat and apparently we are the only Ausfish boats without the Nanni mark.

Will get around to the vids Chong.

Highlight for me where the 12 reds on Monday on Any C...
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The-Boys_BR.jpg 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	96651   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The-Boys-Chong.jpg 
Size:	74.6 KB 
ID:	96652   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The-Boys01.jpg 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	96653   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The-Bys_the-start.jpg 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	96654   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trantor-Fckd.jpg 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	96655  

Name:	M&G_01.jpg 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	96656   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M&G.jpg 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	96657   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Emperor-Wings.jpg 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	96658   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Emperor-Wings01.jpg 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	96659   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nice-Eskie.jpg 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	96660  

Name:	Nice-Esky01.jpg 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	96661   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Red-Elbows-In.jpg 
Size:	101.3 KB 
ID:	96662  
    Tangles KFC

Well another M&G done & dusted Team Beeracuda had a great week meeting up with old faces and lots of newbies. Thanks to the other crews in the big house for a great time. This year we fished north on Sunday and Monday overnighting behind Heron Is to get out of the Northerly wind which we found made the fishing very patchy. Tuesday was a lay day so a few cold ones were consumed. Wednesday saw us heading out East of the lagoon but we got chased home early by a stiff North Wester. Friday we went South to Musgrave it was a bit of a punch out through sloppy conditions but as the day progressed we saw the wind dropping and the conditions improving. We overnighted in at Musgrave waking to a glass out conditions. This saw us out on the Deep water line 90 odd metres dropping baits straight down beside the boat. The fish were slow all morning but just before the SE change pushed through they came on the bite. Bruce and Dave have posted photos of the trip. So I will not post any of my photos. Thanks to the Committee Members for once again organising this fabulous week. See you all at the next M&G ( BREAK SEA SPIT )forgot to say that for the week up there we used 616L of fuel Honda 225/ 7.2M Riptide
    Last edited by 2IC; 25-09-2013 at 07:51 AM. Reason: add more info

Quick thanks to all for a great time!
    Big thanks to the teams at the small boat house especially giffo for the invit and team Reboot for taking me out one day aswell!
    Met some awesome people that were more than easy to get along with.
    Gave me a great insight into what I'd be happy buying so with any luck next year I'll have my own tub after selling off a couple of my 4 wheeled toys so I TOO can have coffee in the rear seat while auto pilot takes care of the trip out lol!
    Not alot of fish but time on water for me is enough some times.

Cheers

Mick