Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 1770. M & G. round up ..progress 2103

Re: 1770. M & G. round up ..progress 2103

Well 1770 is done and dusted for 2013,I had a great time and met some great people. I was guest at the "Too Deep" house, thanks Mark and Steve for having me. Thanks Mick (Cleveland V8) for joining me on my boat, pity about you 3 piece now 4 piece live fibre rod. I had a few laughs along the way, but must have had a banana plantation in the boat, as lack of fish was the norm for team Chuckasickie. Thanks to the organisers, you did a great job. Here are some pics of Saturday for those that left early.A big thankyou to Beeracuda and My Rules for those fish thrown my way, made my excuse to go fishing more plausible when I got home last night.

Quote Originally Posted by uripper View Post
    Davo, I assume this was from another trip?? Cos I didnt see anything like that

Mal M
    saturday was a great morning. couldn't even get a drift happening as there was zero run. we had to go drop straight down on the bommies!
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Quote Originally Posted by tropicrows View Post
    Nice report Dave, and those photos are top shelf. Mike from "team my rules" caught a 4.020kg pearl perch on Sat after the M&G finished, but still an honorable mention is due.
    taken with your phone mate

found a couple more and will have others on my other camera to go.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-09-17223917.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	96579

Name:	2013-09-17223924.jpg 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	96580

Name:	2013-09-17223929.jpg 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	96581

Name:	2013-09-19205946.jpg 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	96583

Name:	2013-09-20073630.jpg 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	96582

[QUOTE=Giffo65;1508132]Well 1770 is done and dusted for 2013,I had a great time and met some great people. I was guest at the "Too Deep" house, thanks Mark and Steve for having me. Thanks Mick (Cleveland V8) for joining me on my boat, pity about you 3 piece now 4 piece live fibre rod. I had a few laughs along the way, but must have had a banana plantation in the boat, as lack of fish was the norm for team Chuckasickie. Thanks to the organisers, you did a great job. Here are some pics of Saturday for those that left early.A big thankyou to Beeracuda and My Rules for those fish thrown my way, made my excuse to go fishing more plausible when I got home last night.

the unrefined country bumpkins. I could not even find where they were staying but Tangles directions probably may not have helped. I was only there for a couple of hours and was regaled by the tale of Tranter.

Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post
    .....so lets play a game!!!! How about you guess who is who and we'll see if you're right?
    Before I try, let me say that I really enjoyed the write ups and that some of these photos are breathtakingly beautiful. Not the ones with you blokes in them though.

But as for guessing..... Lucky Phil is named and shamed in the newspaper link he posted, so he's easy. (Met him before... is that cheating??).

Netmaker I only recognise if he's in Hawaiian clobber so he's invisible in these photos.

Team Pink Shirts is three blokes I am guessing are MuddyToes, CobiaChappie, and LuceeLoo

The blokes in the dark photos are probably prettiest in the dark.

Of the pinkies I reckon the the smiling squatting one is probably FilthyFeet and the other two could be either/or.

Close?

(Using Tapatalk on iPhone so can't easily 'thank' or 'like')

Quote Originally Posted by WalrusLike View Post
    Before I try, let me say that I really enjoyed the write ups and that some of these photos are breathtakingly beautiful. Not the ones with you blokes in them though.

But as for guessing..... Lucky Phil is named and shamed in the newspaper link he posted, so he's easy. (Met him before... is that cheating??).

Netmaker I only recognise if he's in Hawaiian clobber so he's invisible in these photos.

Team Pink Shirts is three blokes I am guessing are MuddyToes, CobiaChappie, and LuceeLoo

The blokes in the dark photos are probably prettiest in the dark.

Of the pinkies I reckon the the smiling squatting one is probably FilthyFeet and the other two could be either/or.

Close?

(Using Tapatalk on iPhone so can't easily 'thank' or 'like')
    Close. But one of those people you named in the pink shirts wasnt allowed to come......

Quote Originally Posted by cobiaman View Post
    Close. But one of those people you named in the pink shirts wasnt allowed to come......
    ..... Isn't allowed to attend ever!
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Giffo65 View Post
    Well 1770 is done and dusted for 2013,I had a great time and met some great people. I was guest at the "Too Deep" house, thanks Mark and Steve for having me. Thanks Mick (Cleveland V8) for joining me on my boat, pity about you 3 piece now 4 piece live fibre rod. I had a few laughs along the way, but must have had a banana plantation in the boat, as lack of fish was the norm for team Chuckasickie. Thanks to the organisers, you did a great job. Here are some pics of Saturday for those that left early.A big thankyou to Beeracuda and My Rules for those fish thrown my way, made my excuse to go fishing more plausible when I got home last night.

realy didnt wanna see pics like that giffo . but had an idea it would be like that . always the way
    maybe next year

i got to test out yamahardness on friday in lady musgrave .
    these yammys are so good you don't need to go around the rocks
    got a couple of little battle scars but could have been worse . next time i will look where i am going
    but how bad would it have been for a black motor (just sayin)

realy didnt wanna see pics like that giffo . but had an idea it would be like that . always the way
    maybe next year

Why do you think I put them up LOL

Hi guys and girls,
    Just a quick thank you to the organizers of the 1770 M&G "GREAT"
    Special thanks to team Beeracudda Billy & team (Bruce and Dave) for a great week and letting us tag along and be there shadow while out fishing.
    Great to meet Marty,Tim & crew (Team Seaweed) to share a yarn and drink or two.
    As a NEWBY carn't believe how welcome I and my crew (Dave & Greg) were made feel, it was unreal. Thanks to all the AUSFISH members at the M&G.
    To the Boys up the road in the Small boat house too many to mention, great to meet you all and share a laugh and an ale or two looking forward to catching up again.
    Davo (Netmaker) Thanks for letting us share your birthday with you, it was GOLD.

PS Marty pulled a couple of BIG Cod off that ground.

Mike (My Rules)

Well what a week this M&G turned out to be.
    This was my first Ausfish event and I will definitely be coming to more now.
    I got to meet so many great guys and also got to put some faces to website names.
    Thanks everyone who was behind the scenes to organise everything to make this such a memorable trip away.
    Sadly we did not get any big Reds but I did manage to catch 3 smaller ones up at Lamont Reef.
    We did get some great catches of mixed reef fish though so we ended up with a great feed of boneless fillets to bring home.
    I have to say a huge thank you to Peter (peterbo3) for taking me up as the crew on his boat.
    It was an absolute pleasure to spend the week up there with you.
    I enjoyed every moment out on the boat with you.
    Also a huge thank you the Mal (uripper) for taking me out for an over nighter with him to Lamont Reef.
    Again I had an awesome time and you too were a pleasure to fish with.
    Just hope you can catch a few more fish for the esky next time as i still have sore shoulders and stuffed back from carrying something.
    Lastly thanks to Phil for getting me in contact with Peter.
    You saved me sitting at home all week reading the reports from 1770,lol.

Name:	20130914_164139.jpg 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	96587Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6303.jpg 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	96588Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6304.jpg 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	96589Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6318.jpg 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	96590Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6323.jpg 
Size:	44.8 KB 
ID:	96591Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6315.jpg 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	96592Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6311.jpg 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	96593Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6302.jpg 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	96594Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6324.jpg 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	96595

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    The female looking one is Naomi......... that's the only clue...
    I was pretty sure Cobiaman was the one that looked like a girl!
    ( Vailima induced post )