Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 1770. M & G. round up ..progress 2103

Re: 1770. M & G. round up ..progress 2103

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Seaweed View Post
    Yeah no worries Bruce had a great week!
    Sorry Marty (team old salt). I was talking about the team we fished with not the teams we stayed with. It was great to have you there with your crew, and your more than wecome in 2014.

To all, team Beeracudda has booked the "big boat house" as it has become known as for 2014.
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

I know Brucey!!!!
    Living the dream, Barry

Nice report Dave, and those photos are top shelf. Mike from "team my rules" caught a 4.020kg pearl perch on Sat after the M&G finished, but still an honorable mention is due.
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Left Agnes sat at 9 or so and arrived home the other side of Melbourne this avo, sunday, at 6 . Nice drive. Bit cold and wet here.

Time to start preparations for next year.......

Has anyone heard from Murf? His hand did not sound too healthy
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

As a ‘newby’ to the 2013 Agnes/1770 M&G I just want to say … THANK YOU
    … to Lucky-Phill, Muddy Toes & other organisers for the event ... simply awesome.
    … to the cook-off crews … YUM. I would like that recipe for the Fish cakes PLEASE. I have it on good authority that the winning beer battered “hussar” was actually a Kingy caught off Fraser last month
    … to all others, for their welcome, advice (even yours Tranter) & encouragement.

On the water I was expecting several slicks of bullshit ‘cos there was plenty going over the gunnels …the and boat to boat radio banter about a certain secret Nannygai spot was hilarious … we got ‘pinged’ there on Wednesday by 3 Ausfisher legends soon after we arrived, including the Kingfisher Mod himself . May have to serve him an 'infraction notice?
    . It gave us confidence we might be in the right place, but alas … plagues of Hussar … might save them for next year’s cook-off.

Finally, a personal thank-you to Lance Collins from http://www.reeltackle.com.au for filling in and teaching me so much. That braid-mono knot is awesome & those $20 fish ID cards are magic. ‘Grants’ will not be weighing my boat down again. As an ex-pro & ex-solo trawler owner, he knows a thing or two about the sea & what’s in it. Mind you after his iron-clad assurances that the wind would stay northerly overnight, we swung 90 degrees on the pick while sleeping at Lamont reef as the wind dropped off to an ever so slight easterly in the wee hours. Bommies look awfully close in 4 metres of crystal clear water, especially in the dark with a spotlight. Next time I will set the anchor alarm less than 50 metres.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lamont Reef sunrise.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	96559 Lamont Reef sunrise

Cheers everyone, thank-you, planning for next year already ….. Mal M

PS: Phill … "New Collie towed 2 ton of boat to 1770 and back. Tray packed, Air con on as well as cruise control. fuel economy.....15.6ltrs / 100."
    That’s impressive … but … this drank 32.55 litres /100km … is there a consolation prize for the worst trip consumption?

Name:	003#.jpg 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	96560
    Haines Hunter 650 'Horizon' 200 4st Johnson (aka Suk DF200) call sign "Dozer" or "Uripper"

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrah Jack View Post
    Left Agnes sat at 9 or so and arrived home the other side of Melbourne this avo, sunday, at 6 . Nice drive. Bit cold and wet here.

Time to start preparations for next year.......
    Terry, glad you got got home ok. That's a HUGE drive. Mate, I didnt realise how much squid you left me with - thank you. I hope to put those Victorian monsters to good use. I owe you a beer .. or three :-) ... next year. Thank you too for filling in ..... deckies !!!
    Mal M
    Haines Hunter 650 'Horizon' 200 4st Johnson (aka Suk DF200) call sign "Dozer" or "Uripper"

Quote Originally Posted by netmaker View Post

Davo, I assume this was from another trip?? Cos I didnt see anything like that

Mal M

Well, another year has come and gone unfortunately. I had the pleasure of staying with muddytoes, tim the tiler, dave and naomi. The weather certainly wasnt as good as the last couple of years but we managed to get out to the reef a few times.

We did really well on the fishing with plenty of pb's smashed along the way including blue maori cod, reds, nannygai, pearlys, cod, snapper and plenty of others.

A HUGE thanks to anthony for putting up with me for 2 weeks and also tim, dave and naomi for putting up with me for 1 week and cooking some of the best tasting food i have ever eaten!

Also a big thanks to team hog for their company over a couple of dinners and beers and use of their filleting table.

Thanks to Phill and everybody else that helped organise the event, you guys did an amazing job!

Well done Graeme some nice fish there

Quote Originally Posted by uripper View Post
    That’s impressive … but … this drank 32.55 litres /100km … is there a consolation prize for the worst trip consumption?

Name:	003#.jpg 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	96560
    That is the same consumption as Cobiaman on the deathanol!

You folks look like you had a ball. Glad you did, would've been a great break.

For those of us that are clueless about who is who.... would it be bad form to ask who is who in all these photos?

(Using Tapatalk on iPhone so can't easily 'thank' or 'like')

Thanks to all the ferets!

Another big M&G and special thanks to Mark for inviting me and putting up with me as his deckie. We might be one of the smallest boats at the M&G but we have a BIG time and try our best in little 2 Deep.

Fishing wise, 2 deep chipped away at it consistently and the little boat had some nice fish come over the side and some epic bust offs on big fish. Fish ranged from a 24.7kg gold spot cod on a sol4000/tcurve 5-8kg/20lb braid/40lb leader to plagues of hussar. Red emperior, nannie, big spangled emps, tomato cod, RTE, GS cod, tuskies, trout, LT and probably others rounded of some good fish in the cryvac machine. On the water, we fished many different areas and sometimes shared the spot with several other ausfish boats without any issues or poor behaviour and other times we had our mark to ourselves - all good.

Socially - well it is a M&G and we are the refined country gentlemen! Great house with plenty of laughs and information sharing between Mark, Giffo, Mick, Chris, Macca, TRex, Murf and Les - funny bunch of mammals. A bit of a backing trailer challenge developed with Mark and Giffo proving an ability to park their boats in impressively small gaps consistently. If we thought the inhouse banter was fun, then add in that we had the 'big boat house' (Old salt, My Rules and Beeracuda - all great blokes) very near by and the 1/2 of team cant (chong, Tangles, Deckie, Deiter - funny ferets) just up the road on the otherside. Some of the plans of an early night got thrown out the door as visitors dropped in or we headed off for a quick drink at a neighbouring boat house. A chocanol off occurred one night with Murf's v Chong's offerring being put to the test. Can't remember which was better, but both were very good. Thanks to the Hogs for the BBQ invite earlier on. As always very gracious people (probably have some country in them!). Tavern night, well yeap. Sort behaved and kept refined. Was great to catch up with old mates and meet a whole lot of new people that will be 'mates' next time. It is this social aspect which makes it an epic M&G. Oh, happy birthday Neil and Dave (sort of!).

The cook off was fantastic and special thanks goes to all the members (Phill, Paul, Anthony, Matthew, Martin) that helped make that happen and to those cooks (brilliant tucker guys), the prawn peeler contestants (and judge) and Muddy/those that had a go at the chilli. Lot of fun. I meet lots of new people there and if you didn't show up, then you need an attitude tune as it is what these M&G are about. A lot of effort goes in to them, some good money raised and this is greatly appreciated. It was said to me on several occasions that night by our guests (VMR & the surf club) that we were a great bunch of fun loving people.

On the last Friday night we overnighted in Musgrave with Chuckasickie, Beeracuda & My Rules to epic conditions and a early morning glass out conditions. Great finish to the trip and thanks to the riptide wave ploughing team for smashing them up for us little boats on the way out. Mine you, the comments about you blokes having a nap on trip or all sitting at the back drinking coffee and chomping muffins whilst were were getting pounded didn't help our esteem much. Brilliant boats those two riptides.

Anyhow, thanks very much. Photos to come!

Steve
    One of the refined country gentlemen

Quote Originally Posted by WalrusLike View Post

For those of us that are clueless about who is who.... would it be bad form to ask who is who in all these photos?

(Using Tapatalk on iPhone so can't easily 'thank' or 'like')
    You're amongst friends here Tony so lets play a game!!!!!!

How about you guess who is who and we'll see if you're right?

The female looking one is Naomi......... that's the only clue...
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here