Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Scott Driscoll MP calls on Qld Government to lift Green Zones at Woody Point

Re: Scott Driscoll MP calls on Qld Government to lift Green Zones at Woody Point

This today on Nugget's site:

http://www.nuggetoutdoors.com.au/smf...;topicseen#new

"Door still slightly ajar for access to Moreton Bay Marine Parks
    In a letter from the Office of the Premier dated 05 NOV 2013
    The Government is investigating options to further enhance access opportunities within the marine park. Consideration is being given to the interests of recreational fishers and also the results of the ongoing research and monitoring program to inform these decisions.
    Why then are these closures still in place without the research?
    To make a change, flick your local MP an email and voice your opinion.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Re: Scott Driscoll MP calls on Qld Government to lift Green Zones at Woody Point

The thing that erks me about politics is that if Campbell only held a 1 seat majority, every LNP member would be going as hard as they could to defend Driscoll. Just as federal Labor did for Craig Thompson last year, and just as the Coalition Gov is doing for Geoff Shaw right now in Victoria.
    219866-scott-driscoll-campbell-newman.jpg
    ~~~><))))*>

Good thing enough people saw the light at the last election and gave Labor the boot in big numbers. That muppet needs to be gone.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
    This today on Nugget's site:

http://www.nuggetoutdoors.com.au/smf...;topicseen#new

"Door still slightly ajar for access to Moreton Bay Marine Parks
    In a letter from the Office of the Premier dated 05 NOV 2013
    The Government is investigating options to further enhance access opportunities within the marine park. Consideration is being given to the interests of recreational fishers and also the results of the ongoing research and monitoring program to inform these decisions.
    Why then are these closures still in place without the research?
    To make a change, flick your local MP an email and voice your opinion.
    That's one of the problems right there Moonlighter, the Gov is considering doing what the said they would be doing if elected. I don't remember MP Mark using the word "consider" when talking about fishing issues before the election.

Any copies or links to this letter this letter or is more bait for gullible rec-anglers.
    ~~~><))))*>

I think it simply comes down to the changed dynamics internally within the LNP post election. Thats my summation, anyway.

The LNP went into the election with a far smaller group of MLA's than they had afterwards, and the ones in the Parliament afterwards include quite a number of small L liberals from inner city seats that have at least some greenish tinge about them. They just dont "get" what we fishers are on about, they think that we should be happy with what weve got because to some extent at least, they have swallowed the green spin about the green zones, like so many people who dont actually understand this stuff in the community also have done.

We have all experienced it at some time- you have a group of people who together agree on a particular position, then you double the size of that group with new players and the whole dynamic changes. The new group then has to work out their own take on things, their own priorities and so on.

It leaves people like Mark with a tough job to do because they believe in a particular position, but now they have got quite a few new faces to convince, and at the same time he is not a minister so hes got to work cooperatively with the new power players.

Look, you are correct that it was a position that us fishermen will argue forever and a day that the LNP took to the last election so it should be a no-brainer and SHOULDN'T need any further discussion. But when you add the change in numbers and views that I mentioned earlier, it is obvious that it is now not that simple, unfortunately. Should be, but isn't.

One thing i do know is that we can either sit back and throw rocks at the LNP and people like Mark because of that, or we can try to do something constructive to push them in the right direction. I also know that if you abuse them, threaten them and do other things that make them look like idiots or liars, then they are hardly likely to want to help you out, are they?

Thats why i think that we need to start a considered, polite campaign where we get as many people as possible to contact their local LNP member and say something to the effect of:

"Look, we know you took a policy to the election where you promised to review the restrictions on fishing in the moreton Bay marine Park to improve access for recreational fishers. We have been waiting patiently, but we are now at a point where we expect to see some clear action to review those restrictions ASAP, as has been done in other states.

"We know the psuedo science used to justify the lock-out of rec fishers was dodgy and missed key steps including a risk assessment of the impact of rec fishing in those green zones. The time for thinking about it is past, the time for action is now.. Please discuss this with the fisheries and National parks ministers and let them know we are expecting immediate action to implement the policy you took to the election and that we voted for."

It is at least worth a try.

So i ask everyone reading this thread, phone or call your local LNP member and say something to them along the lines of the suggestion above. Or, copy and paste it into an email and send it off to them ASAP and ask them to get back to you without delay with their answer. I think there is a fair chance that if enough of us do this, it might just tip things in our favour.

Grant
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Thumbs down GUTLESS... Qld Government WON'T lift Green Zones at Woody Point

ML...any Guv't that wins "power" from opposition ,
    gains extra MP's to enact their "in opposition" policies/statements

Didn't you know that ???

p.s. your new angle on "why things don't get-done" , is cute.

"that make them look like idiots or liars"
    They either the above or not it is their own actions that gives that impression and if no one tells them so they will never change. There has been sufficient time for them to get their act together and stop patting themselves on the back.
    What is the use of emailing your minister when you cannot get a response.
    Cheers
    Ray

Seems like BCF Newman has sorted out the protection zones/deals with the Irwin's for the top end.
    Maybe now that's out the way he will get around to winding back the green zones as promised before the election.

OR is BCF Newman and his party starting to show their real COLOURS

If only Driscoll had just photographed his "willy" and sent the pic to some one he was having an extramarital affair with......he'd still be a State Member of Parliament and still a member of the LNP
    ~~~><))))*>

Thumbs down GUTLESS... Qld Government WON'T lift Green Zones at Woody Point

a vote for LNP-Redcliffe , is now a pathetic vote for....

GREEN Zones , staying GREEN ZONES

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    If only Driscoll had just photographed his "willy" and sent the pic to some one he was having an extramarital affair with......he'd still be a State Member of Parliament and still a member of the LNP
    I didn't think any of the above was against the law? Purely a personal matter.

May be they could create an artificial reef just outside the green zone with all th BS generated by the government.
    Tight Lines

Split-shot

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    I didn't think any of the above was against the law? Purely a personal matter.
    Yes Lovey, that was my point.....disgustingly sleazy but not against the law, therefore if Driscoll had just done what Peter Dowling MP did...........he'd still be a State Member of Parliament and still welcome in the LNP.
    ~~~><))))*>

And so he bloody should be regardless of his party affiliations! If he'd been ejected from parliament over a completely private matter he would of had a lay down mazaire legal case.

I don't give two cents for what a Polly gets up to in his or her bedroom, it's none of mine or anyone else's business. He does his job he was elected to do then he shouldn't have a problem.

It's a pitty that the Australian media has gone so far down the tabloid route that they even published it.

Own bedroom.....?

Wasn't he knocking her off on the tax payer funded parliamentary desk??