Thread: First freshwater session.

First freshwater session.

Hey guys I managed a weekend up in caloundra so Saturday just gone I managed a little kayak session in the morning with not much luck so I teed a mate up to chase some bass just after 1pm for my first time in a little secret spot of his. He said it might be slow and there wasnt a great deal of water in the stream and pools we were fishing in.

Tried surface lures and there was no luck until the 4th pool we tried, I got on the board first with a 30cm model. Few more casts later I decided a little river2sea babybcranks was the go cause they were hiding deeper.

First cast near the bank to a sunken tree slow rolling and im on! Great fight got me a 32cm one, released and smiling I cast again opposite the bank near another tree and slow rolling it in got hit again! Two from two and this was the biggest at 35cm.

Couple more casts and made our way back to the starting pool I managed another two and my mate got 1 bass and 1 yellowbelly at 40cm.

Was very stoked for my first try. Cant wait to do it again. I love bass!

Re: First freshwater session.

Well done buddy. Nice way to open your freshwater account.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Re: First freshwater session.

Some good looking area there mate, good fish too