Thread: Dream Fish?

Thumbs up Dream Fish?

I was thinking about the fish I really would love to catch one day, and my to picks are a Nile Perch over 100 pounds and the other would be a Broad Bill over 100 kg.
    So what would you guys chase world wide if you have the chance?

Re: Dream Fish?

I guess in a way, it would be good to catch a "striper" that they get in the US , just to see what all the fuss is about, but, to me, I don't think it is all about catching the biggest or the most, it is more about a bit of time with family or mates, a few fish for a feed or fun, and the general activity of catching a fish that appeals to me, I get a big kick out of taking my kids beach fishing and catching a 500g Whiting, just as much as I do catching a 150KG marlin, it is just the act of fishing that attracts me.

Cubera snapper(giant Jack) or a Roosterfish for exotic fish although theres plenty to tick off the aussie list first. Ben

Just spent the last hour texting a couple of mates about our trip to Lizard is in November. No, we aren't chasing deep sea racing mullet, but the Mighty Black Marlin (insert dramatic theme music here). would love to get a big Maori Wrasse in a popper too! I've seen it done and they are TOUGH!
    fruit salad is the new Bacon

Papuan black bass would be top of my list for international species, or maybe giant atlantic tarpon. I cant decide. Whats these deep sea racing mullet? Maybe they should be up there.

Quote Originally Posted by hellfish View Post
    Papuan black bass would be top of my list for international species, or maybe giant atlantic tarpon. I cant decide. Whats these deep sea racing mullet? Maybe they should be up there.
    Sorry, that was posted under the influence of Crown Lager. Did they up the alcohol level on Crownies??
    fruit salad is the new Bacon

NG Black Bass would be my number one. I have caught a small Spot Tail in the Solomons but would love to mess with its bigger brother. Cubera Snapper and a big Dogtooth (my best is 4kg) would be cool. Last time I answered a similar question I included a BIG Green Jobfish. Cross one off the list
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"