Thread: Soup De Jour and Masterchef Flatty Fondu on the menu!

Soup De Jour and Masterchef Flatty Fondu on the menu!

Hi All,

Spontaneous trip due to stars lining up with day off and babysitter support - Had a gutfull of work and continuous toddler-related illness of late!
    Decided to wet my little boat "Out for a Quickie!"

Mate down the road was free so off to fish we go Hi Ho!

Summary of our Morning:
    - Main course was a thick, 3-days of Northerly, brown-pus soup, highlighted with crescents of snot-weed served on a bed of clear green, crisp incoming tide, though not quite enough enough to spoil the Soup-de Jour flavour
    - Topped with a continuous day of NW / NE aromas just to thicken the soup a little more
    - Flavours infused with a hint of bait, though not enough to overpower the senses or create a feeding frenzy
    - Around 10 flatties caught, 3 good fish above 55cm biggest only 67 though
    - No jew to speak of (tried for about 1.5 hrs and that's when the best flatty came along)
    - A heavy serving of chocolat' drizzled over a wafer-thin base of good water led to my mate dropping the fish of the day in 1 ft of water after spitting the hooks despite eating a blade with those needle sharp spiky trebles. The weight of this fish indicated it was a Pig - but ALAS we never got to taste the crackling!

All in all a great morning out with a bit of a feed at least. Flathead Fondu tonight for dinner!

Damn the water was rubbish mostly! I see from other reports it has probably deteriorated further since the w/e. At least the bigger fish are starting to show. Our best fish which was never landed came from a spot you'd never think of fishing but seems to hold a few big girls consistently for me when the Chocolat' Soup is on the water-quality menu on a run-out tide. Shame we never saw her full size - saw the shadow as it took the lure in a ft of water but didn't get the joy afterwards.

How on earth they throw those hooks still gets me to this day. You try sticking a blade with those tiny spiky owner after-market trebles hanging off them in your gob, chew on it, run off with the line for 10 metres, then spit it out. Love to see how you go!

Anyway I've had my fix now, back to the grindstone!
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	96258  

Re: Soup De Jour and Masterchef Flatty Fondu on the menu!

Would have been nice and quiet down there on the Monday (?). At least you got a few! Always somewhere out of the wind down the pin too.

Re: Soup De Jour and Masterchef Flatty Fondu on the menu!

Love it. One of my favourite reports.