Thread: Garmin ecomap 70s. Anyone got one?

Garmin ecomap 70s. Anyone got one?

Hey ausfishers,

Just wondering if anyone has one of these sounders/GPS combos? Just chasing some feedback on what there like.

Thanks, Mitch.

Re: Garmin ecomap 70s. Anyone got one?

sold plenty of them. i like them genrally. its an interesting concept to break the 7" touch range into an entry model and upscale model. i would of liked the option of the g2 vision cards and external antenna plug. those aside. its a great little unit.

Thanks moose. What's the best price you can sell them for if you don't mind me asking? Pm me if you like. Also which unit would be better the 70s or the older 750s?

Thanks, Mitch.

I had a look at them at the show and was impressed. The touch screen and pinch screen made it so easy to use. Would have bought one if I had the money. It was for sale at the show for $1149.
    Remember to always log on before heading offshore.

chocolate moose can you PM me also re price, thanks. I just got back into the country after being away for over a month and it was the first thing I saw and I liked it and the price looks pretty reasonable.

pm's sent

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemoose View Post
    sold plenty of them. i like them genrally. its an interesting concept to break the 7" touch range into an entry model and upscale model. i would of liked the option of the g2 vision cards and external antenna plug. those aside. its a great little unit.
    Do you need to buy a map card with these?

No you don't mate

With all the garmin marine gps units , the option to put in a garmin TOPO map card opens up the quality of maping available for inland less detailed coastal areas

Here's a side by side comparison of the g2 built in marine maps in a Gargin echomap 70s and the same unit reading from a topo map card. these mapcards are for all over australia
    here is an example of coastal waters. on the built in g2 maps. some depth soundigs appear and a general idea of the shape of the lakes/islands are present . rivers are marked with a basic line

with the topo map , you loose the depth soundings, but gain far more detail on rivers. lakes. shapes of the coast line. even major roads/forrest areas
    and an in land comparison
    on any unit. a blank screen awaits most units. or a very very crude outline (unless you live in the US)

feel free to ask any questions

Moose