Thread: lake moogerah

lake moogerah

Heading to lake Moogerah over the christmas break for a bit and was wondering if theres any point in taking some redclaw traps? I was thinking about doing some fishing but out of my boat might be a bit hard. If you're up there come say hello I'll be the one in the 6m half cab that is decked for off shore fishing not water sports but I may have a tube or 2 on the back

Re: lake moogerah

Yep there are red claw in the dam, hunt around and you should get a few.
    Got some good ones in amongst the trees to the left of the Dam wall, 3 weeks ago. Didn't try too hard, used home brand dog biscuits and probably would have done better using better bait such as rock melon. Ended up with 10 big ones overnight.

A great bunch of people from the Presbyterian church are running a fun and adventure camp there this week. Water skiing was one of the main activities planned until the dam has been shut down because of blue green algae. Don't know how long the Algae will be a problem for, but a good flush of rain is apparently the best natural remedy.

Scalem

Quote Originally Posted by Scalem View Post
    A great bunch of people from the Presbyterian church are running a fun and adventure camp there this week. Water skiing was one of the main activities planned until the dam has been shut down because of blue green algae. Don't know how long the Algae will be a problem for, but a good flush of rain is apparently the best natural remedy.

Scalem
    Closed until further notice....more info >>> http://www.sweetwaterfishing.com.au/...ic,5822.0.html
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au