View Poll Results: Should the Cookoff be Postponed?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 38.46%
  • No

8 61.54%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should the cook off be postponed

Should the cook off be postponed

Due to a great looking weather forecast should we postpone the Cook off to a day that the weather isn't so kind?

Re: Should the cook off be postponed

is the surf club likely to be flexible with our booking?
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Cant see it being used during the week too often!

clubs down this way often have promo and special nights mid week. don't know about up there but maybe we need to check first? certainly makes sense if we can get away with it.

Tough call. I am thinking not. Had a look at the 10 day forecast and it is looking good all the way through to mid next week, so after driving all the way up from Brisbane on Saturday I doubt I would be doing an overnighter Saturday even if the cookoff was not on. Better to not rush the trip up, settle in to the house, have a few ales at the cookoff and then head out leisurely on Sunday morning for an overnighter.

If it was looking crappy later then would be a different story.

Make the call on Friday
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Gents,
    Can I just say, a lot of people have gone to a lot of trouble this year to get this “event” sorted. I too know that if the weather is tooo good it’s hard not to fish. It’s a 3-4hr event starting at 6pm Sat. The only way I can see this changing if the weather for the rest of the week is above 25 knts….
    Its not compulsory to come, so if you want to go fishing you can, I myself will be trying to get out Friday night if not we will be out Saturday all day and come in to set up for the cook off.
    If you can’t make it and you want me to save you some food from the cook-off….its not going to happen, but there will be lots of photos so u can see what you missed out on.
    Cheers,
    Chong
    Cheers,
    Chong

IF the weather holds for the weekend we will be heading out early Saturday for a fish back in for the cook off , Sunday we leave late ish for a big overnighter or 2 . So lets not move the cook off as to much effort as gone into this night. see ya all at the Tavern Friday night .................

i'm with bill and goin wherever the autopilot takes us

Quote Originally Posted by Chong View Post
    Gents,
    Can I just say, a lot of people have gone to a lot of trouble this year to get this “event” sorted. I too know that if the weather is tooo good it’s hard not to fish. It’s a 3-4hr event starting at 6pm Sat. The only way I can see this changing if the weather for the rest of the week is above 25 knts….
    Its not compulsory to come, so if you want to go fishing you can, I myself will be trying to get out Friday night if not we will be out Saturday all day and come in to set up for the cook off.
    If you can’t make it and you want me to save you some food from the cook-off….its not going to happen, but there will be lots of photos so u can see what you missed out on.
    Cheers,
    Chong
    Yep Understood Mr Chong and can appreciate the effort involved in putting it on. Thought it was worth thinking about though.

Chong is there an attendees list for the cook off as there are 3 of us attending.
    Cheers
    Al

Quote Originally Posted by thelump View Post
    Yep Understood Mr Chong and can appreciate the effort involved in putting it on. Thought it was worth thinking about though.
    Mate, if Sat night turns out to be 0 knts...its a hard call, but this is a fishing trip and there is no such word as Cant, unless you are part of that special team, then it every second word

Quote Originally Posted by Almako View Post
    Chong is there an attendees list for the cook off as there are 3 of us attending.
    Cheers
    Al
    Mate,
    have you sent your details to Muddytoes??? or Phillllllllll?? if so you will be on the list, if not i bring a pen
    Cheers
    Cheers,
    Chong

Macca just keep your ideas to yourself. Nd concentrate on trying to turn up at the gym

LP says " with tongue firmly planted in cheek "...

WTF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last time I looked, this event is a Meet & Greet, no mention of fishing anywhere !!!!

I am here and weather looks good.

I will be fishing tomorrow ( Tuesday ) friday and saturday, but returning to home port late Saturday and head to Cook-Off to see Muddy eat " acid-like " chilli, witness the Prawn Peeling Championships, win some F'n awesome prizes in the MONSTER raffles, attempt to win an auction or two with fantastic items on offer and to catch up with the ugly mugs from last year and meet & greet the new people.

If you don't turn up to the Cook-Off, I will get Apollo to publicly flog you with a wet bus ticket...............

'nuff said !!!! ??????

LP

and YES... to see macca in pink tights.... Oh Dear !!!
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 09-09-2013 at 07:04 PM. Reason: forgetfull
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

What Phill not a mention about the star attraction , Macca in his pink tights, how could you forget about that.