Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bass fishing- logan or alber river

bass fishing- logan or alber river

heyy does anyone know where i can catch bass or yellow belly in either the alber or Logan river kayak accassable any info would be great

Re: bass fishing- logan or alber river

darlington park off Kerry rd out past beudesert anyone know of this place

Hi mate
    I fished the albert river with a mate about 12 years ago, we had a canoe we tagged a lot of bass it was a weir on Veivers road have a look on google , you could also walk the bank give it a go
    cheers Craig

thanks mate ill check it out next Sunday

Second vievers can get live shrimp just past fishing park turn right onto plunket

Just be aware of this.

Waters closed to all forms of fishing

Fishing, which includes collecting, is not allowed in the following areas:
    Albert River: from Luscombe Weir to 120 m downstream of the weir.
    Cheers
    Ray

where along vievers rd is this spot i went down the road today had a quick look

Quote Originally Posted by nathank92 View Post
    where along vievers rd is this spot i went down the road today had a quick look
    I remember the place as a kid. When you go up the road from the main road, on the left hand side past the first bend should be a dirt opening. From here there should be a walkway down to the little creek, there is a cleared out spot with a big tree and it might still have the rope from from which we use to swing into the water from. Up from that spot is the weir.

thanks for the tips ill check it out Sunday

Fisheries Inspectors also go to that area often. Each time they put the sign up "No fishing" some idiot/s decide to pull the sign down and throw it away.

Fisheries has had a gutfull of this and are not happy at the moment.

Cheers

Bondy

nathank92,

Here are some pics taken today. Also pics where to park your car. The tracks are hidden and you need feet like a billygoat to get down and up. There are no wooden steps, they got washed away with the big floods some time ago. never been replaced.

The first track leads you down to the bank, suggest you walk it first before carrying anything down like a chair.

The parking spot is down the hill, opposite a locked gate to private property.

The second track is above the weir which is further along the road, there is a shoulder you can park on and the entrance to that track is near the big silver tree in the photo. Care also needs to be taken, canoe or kayak can be carried down this track but watch your step.

Hope these pics help you.
    Cheers, Bondy

bondy ur a legend thanks mate

@ nathank92,

Thats alright mate, just trying to help.

@ nathank92,

Your pm boxes are chockers, you need to clean out your inbox to make room for new messages.

I dont think the track is wide enough for trolley, might have to carry yak down, use the track further up from the weir where the big silver gum tree is.

Cheers, Bondy

empty now lol i was just thinking if i put the yak in above the weir whats the chances of end up white water rafting because of the current lol