Thread: Jacob's well .

Jacob's well .

Going to be taking the kids for a fish here and was wondering if there are any yabbie banks around the place? I have never been to the area so any help would be good. Will be landbased and have no idea CHEERS woody

Re: Jacob's well .

No landbased access to yabbie grounds that "I" know of M8...when are you planning on coming down ?

Ray & Kerri.

I don't know of any land based yabbie banks either. Might have to buy some at the gem bait and tackle on the way down if they have any. http://www.gembait.com.au

Scalem

you can pump a few up at cabbage tree point on the right tide, just up the road from the well.

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.

Looks like it will be the weekend of the 21st, either day, Sat or Sunday, will wait till it get closer to see which day will be better

Any tailor, flathead, whiting being caught at the moment?

Bondy

ah good post i havent been down there in ages about 4 years ago if u followed the esplnade round u could walk down to the creek that goes off the bay ... that was until people got the shits n put a massive fence up i guess u could pump them mud flats u might get a few crabs i remember first time used a live bait (mullet) i caught a massive bream there

Unfortunately, I am tied up on the Sat...but if you come down on the Sun...I may be able to pick you & the kidlets up in the boat & shoot over to Fishermans channel to get some ?

Low tide will be around 5am......so would need to be at the yabbie banks no later than 7ish....it is only a short run from Jacobs to where the yabbies are.

I would be up fer a fish myself down that way anyway.

You may need to supply PFDs' for the kids M8...that is the only thing.
    I do have spare standard pfds' ( strap around style ) if the kids are big enough to wear them ?

Cheers, Ray.

There's yabbies at cabbage tree point. I got them right near the BBQ area about 10 minutes ago.

Thank you very much for that kind offer Ray, but a mate and his two kids will be joining us this time, but maybe take you up on the offer another time? Cheers Jamie.

How far is cabbage tree point from the Jacob's well tourist park?

about 10 minutes

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.