Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Snatching advice please

Re: Snatching advice please

All good advice thanks.
    I have been dirving on the beach all my life and am confident in doing so, not bragging but i have never needed to be snatched out of a bog myself in over 20+ plus years of doing so visiting Fraser, Double Island, Ruhles Beach, West coast of Sth Aust and many more soft sand beaches. And myslef never having to snatch some one else out is the reason for my inexperience on the snathching side. I was unaware about not using tow points for snatching if they are not suitable, good advice. Chisel, there was no way he was gettin out unassisted. As i mentioned before trying to pull hm out i dug ot his wheels then realised he must of been sitting there for a while just digging himself deeper. His bash plates were resting on the sand......
    Phil, I to thought there must of been a way to turn off traction control but he was adament that he couldnt. The lowest i have had to go trye pressure wise was 12psi, this was on Rhules Beach up near 1770 and i was pulling a boat loaded with camping gear for a 8wk camp stint.......But yes still got out. No choice with no one around and an incoming tide.........!!!!!!!
    Thanks all for the good advice, will take it on board.
    Cheers,
    JN

I reckon 8-10psi is fairly safe to get out of a bog if driving carefully and you can inflate pretty soon after getting out.

jewienewie - Where's this camping area off Boundary Creek Road? On google maps I can see what looks like a few spots near the beach ... but are they regulated at all? Free camping? Local council? Could be quite a good spot only about 2 hrs from Brisbane.

Its an old Google map image i am thinking as it has changed a bit since that shot. Its no big secret but it is fairly quite. I have not camped there with anyone else yet..........SoooooooI will PM you mate as it is a bit tricky to explain and i may get myself into some poo.
    JN

JEWIE... you are game hitting Rhules beach. Those beaches up Baffle, Agnes way are not like beaches down here...hey... ????

All good..........

Cheers Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Phill,
    Been camping up there at @#$%!@## crk mouth for years and yes the sand is a challenge and getting up to the camp site is always an adventure....Usually a bit of a step up you gotta negotiate or dig out to get up to camp on the end of the spit but well worth it. we Go up there july Aug time of year. Love it....Just gotta know your truck and what it can do and she will be right. Makes for less visitors as well. The other worrying thing is that once you hit the beach, there is no where to get off except where you got on and with not much beach there.......once your committed your going to the camp site....... I am usually pulling a 4.2m tinny fully loaded as there is no water nothing there. Recently heard of a croc roaming the area......Just what I want going through my head when putting out and retrieving the crab pots off the bank with the kids.......
    JN
    Last edited by JEWIENEWIE; 04-09-2013 at 07:51 PM. Reason: 2 ll'sinPhill