Thread: Kayak racks almost done.

Kayak racks almost done.

Modifying my 6'x4' box trailer so it fits two yaks on their sides, with rollers at the back. Racks almost finished, just painted them this arvo, just have to get a mate weld on the rollers tomorrow then put some pool noodles over the posts to stop rubbing on the yaks, heaps of tie down points, should load and unload very easily which will be handy when going solo.

Attachment 95953

Two blue bits are where the rollers will be welded on tomorrow. I said hello on two yak fishing forums, hard to even get a hello back!

Re: Kayak racks almost done.

Not sure what yaks you have but I found our polly ones needed more support than just roof bars so ended up with support pads to spread the load. Ours are pretty thin and softish in hot sun so we tie them down softly in a couple of spots.

Ok thanks mate, I'm putting pool noodles over the steel so should be a fair amount of support. I'll see how it goes.

Fish Bandit and Angler 3.0

Cheers.

i modified one of them $30 hand trollys so i didnt have to carry my yak i can load my gear on it put it in my van then wheel it out straight to the place i wanna go no lifting and all set up :-) bcf want i think it was $130 for a simular trolly with crap wheels