Thread: Fraser Island for a Month

Fraser Island for a Month

HI guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster (that Fraser mission accomplished thread has me inspired)

Just wanted to let everyone know I will be heading over to Fraser for a month starting this Saturday. I have a blog and I am planning to write something about the days travels (track and fishing reports as well as general camping shenanigans) and upload it whenever we have reception during our travels. Plan is to fish a lot for tailor, try the clip method for spanish/jewwies/sharks (if thats all that will take the bait haha) Fish shallow gutters for whiting/flatties probably a day or two at Kingfisher from the jetty and a trip up to the sandy cape at some stage.

Thought it might be of interest/help to a few people on here. Only a couple of pre trip posts so far but hopefully will start getting some good information and pictures come the weekend and the future.

Anyway, its at www.1monthonfraser.wordpress.com if any body is interested.

Cheers
    -Shay

Re: Fraser Island for a Month

Kingfisher jetty is on fire, fish wise, at the moment. Heap of mackerel flatties tailor Jew. Lucky you.

Excellent, will definitely have to get stuck into it then! I had a sabiki style jig rod all ready for fraser until a mate dropped it over the side of a boat a week ago and didnt have time to replace it, so hopefully we dont end up with too many tangles just jigging for bait with a regular rod

Jealous mate. Great time of year to be up there. I have to wait till October, and only get 8 days!
    Will keep an eye on your blog