Thread: Yamba August 2013

Yamba August 2013

hey all
    spent the last week and a half down at Yamba with the family. Managed to get a few fishing trips in and while it was tough we all managed a few fish on blades and plastics fishing the yabby banks. Mostly caught flathead between 30 and 50cm and a few others. Even my young fella Bailey (5) caught his first fish on a placcy and legal too
    Had absolutely glorious weather the whole time with the sea the calmest ive ever seen it there. Water clarity in the Clarence at the moment is excellent 5-6mtr visibility close to the mouth which makes fishing difficult unless you head further upstream to the murkier waters. Fishing is much better upstream of Harwood from all reports
    Dayoo jigheads , slider grubs and squidgy wrigglers caught most
    cheers
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00082.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	95926   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00138.jpg 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	95927   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00182.jpg 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	95928   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00188.jpg 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	95929   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00036.jpg 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	95930  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00115.jpg 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	95931  
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

Re: Yamba August 2013

It's been cracking lately hasn't it? That spot where the last picture is taken was where I first tried plastics and cleaned the flathead up, only fish the size of your young fellas but good fun all the same!

Awesome news! We're going to Iluka for the long weekend.

mattooty - it was absolutely gorgeous all week .. a little too good! we caught most of our fish from that yabby bank, and like you said they were all pretty small. Cant wait to get back there in the warmer months. The sandbank was just outside the canal estate where we stayed.

Andy - lucky you. if you are going for a fish, I would be trying my luck up around browns rocks and further if i was you. Dont forget to have a beer at Sedgers
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

Some nice fish there Dean. It has been many years since I have been to Yamba, but I will have to plan a trip back there soon.

Well done mate.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.