Thread: Furuno fcv587 question.

Furuno fcv587 question.

I have just ordered a new 587 with 600w triducer but am thinking of upgrading to a 1kw transducer. From what I have been reading from different retailers they say that to still get the bottom recognition happening with the 1kw I need to buy some kind of black box called an MB1100.

As I can't find info on this model box on the Furuno web site or anywhere that sells it for that matter can anyone tell me what part I am looking for?
    Who sells it?
    And possibly costs?

Re: Furuno fcv587 question.

Airmar TM260 or M260 (1Kw) just plugs straight in. You need to specify that it is for a Furuno head. There are other Airmar units available if you have deeper pockets but they are all plug & play if they are compatible with a 585 or 587.
    ROLL TIDE, ROLL.................

Regards,
    Peter

I have a Furuno 587 with the TM260, I didn't do the install, but as far as im aware its a straight connection.

I know the Bottom disc feature and accu fish are compatible, but honestly Ive never used them.

marto 78 you don't need the mb1100 with the m 260 transducer

Have just had a bit more of a read through the brochure and chances are I most likely won't use these features anyways as one I'm not a fan of fish symbols all over the screen and secondly after using the 620 for the last 5 years I've got a pretty good idea what type of bottom is under the boat.

I will have a bit of a play around with the features when it turns up before forking out for a 1kw transducer.