Thread: butterworth super barra deluxe

butterworth super barra deluxe

Gday,
    I am looking at restoring my old butterworth" super barra deluxe", which has a split reel seat and very sad corks, can anyone offer me some guidance as to where I may source a reel seat(aluminium on this one) and corks to possibly trick up to be the same as the originals. It has been a legendary rod for me and has taken some epic fish( been using it with a hose clamp to hold the old seascape to the rod for 15years or so and want to get her back in shape)
    Cheers Steve R

Re: butterworth super barra deluxe

Attachment 95890Reel seat is 125mm long, 22mm diam, front cork 100mm, rear cork 108mm. Cheers any help much appreciated. Also chasing the round rubber butt cap(butterworth).
    Last edited by hooknose; 27-08-2013 at 07:31 PM. Reason: add text

My brother has had one of those rods for about 25 years. Classic looking rod for it`s time.

ha, I just picked up my dad's old one on the weekend. he caught heaps with it over the years and it still ha alot of life left in it! happy fishing for years to come.

Yeah Lads they are a classic rod, I have ordered a bit of gear off mudhole to get her back into shape !!
    " AINT NO FUN WATIN' ROUND TO BE A MILLIONAIRE "