Thread: Barwon Banks - This Weekend

Barwon Banks - This Weekend

Hello,

So with the weather gods playing ball so far this weekend, I've conjured a couple of boats together to head out to the Banks.

Now, we're not the best fisherman out there, with most our trips heading from Manly out towards Boat Rock/Flat Rock area.

I have basic GPS marks for the area which I'll head to then start sounding around and working the area until I find something good.

Will a normal Paternoster rig with whole Squid or Pilchards be suitable?

Should I just bottom bash and will that yield results or should I float-line as well?

I've got a couple of lures for trolling - X-Rap and Laserpro's as well as Hex Heads - would it be worthwhile trolling out there for an hour or 2?

Any guidance is greatly appreciated :-)

Re: Barwon Banks - This Weekend

We're heading to the bank this week end, most probably an overnighter and hopefully get a couple of grinners. If you're able to do an overnighter pm me. We leave from Toorbul boat ramp go around and up.
    If you want to troll, get in the trench and east of cape Moreton.
    Humility is not a weather condition.

Thanks for the response.

I'll be finding out tonight whether we're doing an overnighter or not and will get back to you.

iam heading up friday morning early for a day trip too fish the banks for the first time..... i have a family do on saturday otherwise i would of done an overnighter ...good luck mate and i hope the fish are hungary ....mick
    ...........GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO BAIT.........

I think the wind has sorted this week end for all of us.
    Humility is not a weather condition.

if the wind stays under 10knts im heading to the banks Saturday morning early in my 5.3mtr.