Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your fav bottom bashing outfit...

Re: Your fav bottom bashing outfit...

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo76 View Post
    The good ol handline hey...

I have never tried lighter gear, always the shorty boat rods. I did try overhead, but found the braid buries into the spool when the hurt is on (50lb fins).

What do you think of monster mesh rods? Or i'm thinking the terez with the stradic fj 6000. The 37kg ugly stick was from a mate, but yeah a little on the overkill side I think.

I'd like to know what (Webby) was using in his vid clip, looks a nice light outfit. Will check out the tcurves also.
    Mate braid burying into itself is not an issue with overheads, its an issue with any reel that hasnt been spooled under proper tension. Dont let that put you off them.
    Never used a Monster Mesh but there are sooo many reports of them exploding I would be inclined to look elsewhere.
    For a cheap outfit that will do the job well, a TLD20 with a 5'6" Shimano rod package and 50lb braid will be fine. The more you are prepared to spend the lighter, stronger and more enjoyable the gear will be to use.

I currently use an Avet JX on a Saltiga rod (import but equivelant to the B55). Coming from the TLD set up it is a massive step up in quality. Reel is around $300 from the states and the rod around $150.

If Spinning reels are your go a Saragossa or Stradic is good value for money but I would be looking at 10 000 plus size just for the larger spool which = a faster retrieve per wind of the handle.

Fav outfit .... Heels, fishnets, a corset and a whip with tassels ....

.... ohh, okay not that sort of bottom bashing.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Boat Hog View Post
    Fav outfit .... Heels, fishnets, a corset and a whip with tassels ....

.... ohh, okay not that sort of bottom bashing.
    That sounds more like M&G attire rather than a serious fishing kit. The sunburn through the fishnets is a real turn off. I can always find a place for a whip with tassels though.......
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by cobiaman View Post
    All these awesome hooks, only problem is that they are all rusted and crap.......
    give them to muddy at 1770 he will never know the difference

My 'mid range' 50lb set up would be a Gosa 10000 or Daiwa Seagate 4500 on a T Curve deep jig 200. You could also go the Fin Nor Offshore rod which is slightly cheaper and a pretty good rod.
    I used to use a twinpower on the T curve 200 and it was awesome. I still have the T curve as a deckie rod as I have custom built ones now.

Have you got a budget?

Quote Originally Posted by Daintreeboy View Post
    Have you got a budget?
    Yeah around $400 is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Daintreeboy View Post
    My 'mid range' 50lb set up would be a Gosa 10000 or Daiwa Seagate 4500 on a T Curve deep jig 200. You could also go the Fin Nor Offshore rod which is slightly cheaper and a pretty good rod.
    I used to use a twinpower on the T curve 200 and it was awesome. I still have the T curve as a deckie rod as I have custom built ones now.

Can we put an order in to get a rod made Daintree?

If you like mate. Pop on over one day. I'll get some beers cold!

Any combo with a fish at the end is good!.

The lighter the outfit, the better. Don't need a outfit to catch a wale to catch a good size fish.

Sounds good Daintree. When those lures etc turn up from the states I'll pop by.

Cheers
    Pazz

saltist 650, 50lb braid and an uglystick 15 to 24kg bluewater.. $420 or so
    dont knock on deaths door... ring the doorbell and run... death hates that!!

Gary Howard OH-66 6'6" 10-15kg overhead rod with a Fin Nor OFL30L overhead reel and 40lb braid.

Absolutely love it!

Ben.

tcurve200, spheros 8000 or torsa 16, 50lb braid, 80lb leader

Quote Originally Posted by Pazz01 View Post
    Sounds good Daintree. When those lures etc turn up from the states I'll pop by.

Cheers
    Pazz
    Actually got an email from them a couple of days ago. They have finished the paint and Epoxy work and have been posted to the company. He'll then ship them immediately. Might even be tomorrow so if that happens we may get them in by the end of next week. That's best case scenario though I reckon. I'm thinking second week of September myself.