Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your fav bottom bashing outfit...

Re: Your fav bottom bashing outfit...

On a $400.00 dollar budjet maybe a fine Attachment 95988old queenslander, thank you Mr Alvey, or if you spend a bit more, a nice Talica on a 15 to 24 kg live fibre overhead, 70 lb braid and 150 lb Jinkai.Attachment 95987

Well seeing it is fathers day my wife has spoiled me and bought me a tyrnos 12 and a bluewater 37kg stick. So I'm a pretty happy bloke today. Got a spare reel of 80lb braid kicking around home at the moment, so I'll spool it with that. Might be a bit overkill but I'm not too concerned.

Pazz
    Attached Images Attached Images

Used a wilson live fibre 10-24kg and a penn 850 with 40Lbs braid for years and this was a very good budget bottom basher. some low life decided there need was greater than mine and lifted it from out of my boat. I wound up with a wilson venom live fibre and a penn 950 ( $89 on special you can not go wrong at this price ) and it has impressed me no end. it is very sensitive and can still fish a 3 ball to a 12oz snapper lead without feeling like a broom stick or a wet noodle very flexible outfit. Have also been using a 8 foot wilson live fibre with a baitrunner for jewie live baiting and general creek use (spool change to lighter mono for the creek) and it has made it's way into my heart for any offshore live baiting as well.

BigE

Quote Originally Posted by Pazz01 View Post
    Well seeing it is fathers day my wife has spoiled me and bought me a tyrnos 12 and a bluewater 37kg stick. So I'm a pretty happy bloke today. Got a spare reel of 80lb braid kicking around home at the moment, so I'll spool it with that. Might be a bit overkill but I'm not too concerned.

Pazz
    Pity she could have found you a decent shirt to go with that nice gear. You did better than me though!!

Looks like he is on a winner with the jersey & the wife. Well done.

Cheers Andrew

I use the good old Shimano Speedmaster on a Silstar 10 kg short stroker spooled with 15 kg Braid. I know this is old school but still an awesome outfit!!

Tyrnos 30 on an M10 live fibre.....Bloody awesome!

For Reds and Nannies= Fin Nor Marquesa 20MA spooled with 80lbs braid combined with a Terez 30-60lbs rod.
    " I have come to understand that I really do enjoy learning things the hard way "

cod2.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by GCfisherman View Post
    I use the good old Shimano Speedmaster on a Silstar 10 kg short stroker spooled with 15 kg Braid. I know this is old school but still an awesome outfit!!
    Old school, but good. I use a Triton Mark 4 from the eighties with 50lb Sunline braid on a Tcurve 400. My more modern rig is a Jigging Master PE5 narrow with 60lb Sunline on the same rod.