Thread: Project Landcruiser

Project Landcruiser

I have been given permission from the misses to transform my 100 series Cruiser into a family tourer. First stage of the build is to rebuild the engine, and would like to hear from anyone with a first hand experience with a trustworthy engine builder in the Brisbane area. The engine is a 4.7L in a 05 100 Series running a custom made tuneable chip,(you cant buy of the shelf) producing a dynode 250hp using 12-14L per 100.
    The budget is 15grand for the engine to date. With this engine build I'm looking at 300 to 400hp. Anyone that can vouch for a TRUSTWORTHY engine builder they trust please let us know of your experience. Thanks..

Clint..

Re: Project Landcruiser

I had the same model cruiser with the same engine........whats wrong with the current motor?........i'd be looking at a diff drop kit and front locker to beef up that front diff firstly imo.......with 15k you could look at a front live axle conversion also......

Dan
    Confidence.......the feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.

The motors only got 157k on the clock its my weekend toy, The 4.7 in it now runs good but makes a few noises on start up especially on cold mornings. I'm looking at the engine build for safety and reliability. The 15k is just the engine budget. Once the engine is complete and I'm happy with it the suspension and transmission gets toughened up, and yes you a right, a drop box and lockers front and rear goes in with the IFS lift set up. A live axle set up would be good. I'd compare how much it would cost to convert live diff front compared to trying for 4inch IFS lift. Its not used for anything extreme just a soft roader family car with power on tap.

If you haven't already, login to lcool and do some searches. Lots of info there about V8 improvements. Can't recall too many builds happening in SEQ but should be a couple there.

Add $5K to the budget and you can get a 400 h.p. plug and play from bullet, then try to sell yours?

http://www.bulletcars.com/parts/engi...ine-parts.html
    nil carborundum illegitimi

I looked into going through bullet, the old digger that owned the cruiser before me was going to get a supercharger from them. After they test drove the car with the way its set up they said he shouldn't even bother. The plug and pay option would keep the car of the road for less time but Id rather have mine rebuilt. But thanks for that link. It gives me options.

Before rebuilding it. I think you had better decide which way to go. Boost wise. Is that 250 RWhp

RWHP well its a AWD so it would equate to all 4. When you talk boost you mean Turbo or other bolt on bits, No way the less the better. Keeping the engine as is no bolt on parts, just going for a reliable tough injected engine that makes a shite load of ponies. To let you know how ballsy this thing is already. When I got it of the old digger he said try this. From a standing start, straight road foot flat bickies so I did, when it changed 4th to 5th gear he said hold on and it threw me into the seat hard. Speedo was already at its limit and the tacho kept climbing. Scary fun. As you can see all I need is an engine built with big HP and this chip the old digger had made from scratch from some technology mob can be tweaked to do some crazy stuff. I've driven V8's before had a shorty fibre glass 78 Cruiser with a 308 I thought was tough. But not until I drove this thing I got now you get that adrenalin feeling when you step on the loud pedal of your testicles down around your ankles.

Intercepting signals/changing timing/settings will only go so far. The engine is going to need ALOT of work to get the figures your after. Boost is the easiest way. But it will all have to be remapped. I would just leave it as is, if your happy. We have a few TD's with over 1000nm. Now thats balsy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
    Intercepting signals/changing timing/settings will only go so far. The engine is going to need ALOT of work to get the figures your after. Boost is the easiest way. But it will all have to be remapped. I would just leave it as is, if your happy. We have a few TD's with over 1000nm. Now thats balsy!!!
    1000nm from the 4.2TD? Nice. I thought the most they were getting was around 850-ish (double original spec) with similar increase in power (giving over 200rwkw).
    It is certainly tempting to get it done when you read about those rigs.... I don't think I can justify the $10-20k for my 100 series which only does 5000km/year now though!!!

Currently for all the best gear for the 100series FTE its 10k. But worth every cent. Over 1000nm and still 10 litre per hundred. Incredible machines.