Thread: My PB Squid

My PB Squid

So over the weekend I ended up catching my personal best squid at Shute Harbour. Seen a few squid getting around so we chucked on our squid jig and just started casting where we had seen one,First cast and within 10 seconds of starting to retrieve the squid just came from no where and latched on..Was very happy as we had just been given 3 fresh salmon my FIL had caught that day.As you can see mine is the big one and my partners is the little one something I had to rub in
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Squid.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	95763  

Re: My PB Squid

what a whopper!

Nice work they are awesome chewing and wings and heads for reef bait
    jt
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

Thank you..yes the wings and head will be put to good use

Monster Squid for sure. I like catching them as much as most fish
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by becka85 View Post
    So over the weekend I ended up catching my personal best squid at Shute Harbour. Seen a few squid getting around so we chucked on our squid jig and just started casting where we had seen one,First cast and within 10 seconds of starting to retrieve the squid just came from no where and latched on..Was very happy as we had just been given 3 fresh salmon my FIL had caught that day.As you can see mine is the big one and my partners is the little one something I had to rub in
    GO gurl

Wowsers. Squid take growth hormones, or maybe it has been visiting near Fukishima reactor in Japan. Only joking .

Well done Becka. Nice squid there.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

thank you

Mmmmmmm!

Slice squid tube into strips similar in size to potato chips - about 1cm wide and 10cm long. Put in bowl with milk to cover, and add a teaspoon of crushed garlic. Stir. Cover with gladwrap and fridge for couple of hours.

Pour off milk into a new bowl and add eggs to it, beat gently with fork to combine it to make your eggwash. Then flour, egg and crumb the calamari strips (use Panko - Japanese bread crumbs, they are by far the best) and deep fry for about a minute or so.

Mmmmmmmmm!!!!! My favourite recipe, given to me by old Greek guy.

Then say abra cadabra and turn squid head and wings into Red emperor or pearl perch - take your choice.

Well done, Becka!
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Thank you for that..will def be doing this

@ becka85,

You did well on that squid. I wonder if that's the tiger squid that everyone gets in the Rouse Channel?

Good chewing there, too good to be used for bait imo.

Bondy