Thread: Rock Fishing - Fingal Heads

Rock Fishing - Fingal Heads

Hi Guys,

I went down to Casuarina with two other families last week for an extended ekka holiday break. First morning I met the old man down at Potsville for a quick session before he had to come back to brissie. We headed down to the beach near black rock at about 6:10 and the sun was just peeping over the sea. He assured me that he was there the day before and watching some other fishermen pulling some dart out.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Black Rocks.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	95710
    We find a good gutter with plenty of structure and I started at the inlet and worked my way down to the bottom of the gutter. Flicked a range of SP's around but not a touch. Changed tactics and move on to my trusty bait setup. NOTHING. We stayed there for a good 3 hours and did not even get a bit. Still a good morning out with my dad.

Dad left on the Wednesday and I only got to get away again on the Saturday morning after giving my wife plenty time off from our energetic son. I left the house at 5:45am and stopped at the local servo to pick up some pillies. Just got a small bag as I was going to stop past the guy who sells beach worms on the road out to Fingal. When I got there he had his "NO WORMS" sign up, so just kept going and parked up near the lighthouse track.

Once I found a good spot I set up it took about 5 mins of waiting around and then got smashed. Hooked up my first tailor of the season and he went about 45cm..... I was so excited I could have packed up and gone home

Over the next 3 hours had some really big bits but did not manage to land anything. Changed my setup and dropped the gang hook further down the tail on the pillie and then could not keep up with all the action. Picked up another 3 tailor within about 30 mins. Biggest one went about 50cm. Ran out of bait and left them biting.

Best fishing session for a long time, and I managed to feed the skeptics waiting for me at home
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tailor.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	95711

Re: Rock Fishing - Fingal Heads

Sounds absolutely awesome. Nothing like a bit of fresh tailor with the skin on. You must have really alive pulling that 50cm in.

Well done steve, shame about the beach session though.
    Just wondering what ever happened to the fellow who used to fish that region from the rocks and was a regular poster who often caught decent jew off the rocks?, have not seen a post from him for ages.

alleycat,

I know the person you're referring to. He hardly uses this site due to circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    Well done steve, shame about the beach session though.
    Just wondering what ever happened to the fellow who used to fish that region from the rocks and was a regular poster who often caught decent jew off the rocks?, have not seen a post from him for ages.

allycat.... would that be me your talking about? a lot has happened in the last 2 and a bit years, but short answer is I hardly get on here much now. but will try to change that
    Rainbow Trout is NOT skittle flavoured fish.........

Good to hear form you Aussiefool, some info you gave me on this site has helped me out alot in my Jew chasing. Go the RMG scorpions.
    Hope your doing OK????
    JN

Quote Originally Posted by aussiefool View Post
    allycat.... would that be me your talking about? a lot has happened in the last 2 and a bit years, but short answer is I hardly get on here much now. but will try to change that
    Yes mate it was you, hope everything gets better for you soon, always loved your posts as I fished the same region for years in 80s, look forward to your posts.. cheers aussie..

Quote Originally Posted by JEWIENEWIE View Post
    Good to hear form you Aussiefool, some info you gave me on this site has helped me out alot in my Jew chasing. Go the RMG scorpions.
    Hope your doing OK????
    JN
    Glad that I could help you out mate, that is what this site is all about..... helping a fellow fisherman when you can
    getting back on track

Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    Yes mate it was you, hope everything gets better for you soon, always loved your posts as I fished the same region for years in 80s, look forward to your posts.. cheers aussie..
    Keep an eye open for more reports soon

Quote Originally Posted by aussiefool View Post
    Keep an eye open for more reports soon
    This sounds ominous. Fish beware!

Pete,
    Glad to see you back - are you back around this neck of the woods?
    Brett

Quote Originally Posted by bugman View Post
    Pete,
    Glad to see you back - are you back around this neck of the woods?
    Brett
    G'day Brett, Yep back at Chinderah now..... long story some good some not so good. Will fill everyone in one day when I feel like sharing.....
    Aussiefool
    Andrew