Thread: Bowen Land Based Fishing???

Bowen Land Based Fishing???

G'day guys.

Headed up to Bowen tomorrow for work (1 night only).
    Thought i might sneak the travel rod in to the luggage and go out for a quick flick tomorrow night(perks of the job..?). Never fished the area and don't know of any(landbased only) decent spots to wet a line? Takin a 6 foot 3 piece shimano raider and a stradic.
    Can anyone please offer any advice on locations or local knowledge?

Cheers
    Dave

Re: Bowen Land Based Fishing???

Last time I was there I wandered down to the rocks near the cabins we stayed in (Kings Beach I think). Fish unweighted prawns as its very snaggy but pulled a nice little coral trout.
    Not sure if thats normal or he was lost, but anywhere you can catch trout land based is ok with me!
    Cheers,
    Owen

The whole world's mad save thee & me (but I'm not too sure about thee)

Ive fished up there a little bit ages ago and fished a little bridge on the way up to the 360degree cafe (think thats what it was/is called) same as owen but i used live herring.. caught a few coral trout.. i heard that its not that uncommon as they are escapees from the live trout industry.. possibly the best bbq dinner ive had camping that was for sure..
    You had to catch the turn of the tide though as the current ran pretty hard through there but when it stopped it was just awesome.. This was in december also..
    hope it helps a little bit..
    dont knock on deaths door... ring the doorbell and run... death hates that!!

Thanks for the tips guys. Didn't get a chance to fish but I will remember it for next time.