Thread: Dry season getaway

Dry season getaway

Well we were lucky enough to have a good break in the south easterly winds over the weekend so a mate and I planned to head off down the west coast for a good 2 day run in the tinny.

We ended up doing just over 350km by water to some really good inshore fishing grounds chasing Golden Snapper,Trout,Jewfish and a host of other reef species and a few Tuna,GT's and Mackerel aswell.

Places fished were......Perron Islands,Cape Ford,Cape Scott and the Little Moyle area all well west of Darwin and only accessed by boat.........Still a bit buggered as I write this now so i'll throw up a couple of photos now and keep it short.........But put it this way it was a bloody good trip and i'm keen to do it all again.

Cheers Dan.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Confidence.......the feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.

Re: Dry season getaway

Bloody hell where did you put all the fuel on the tinny, that's a lotta k's! Some great fishing had by the sounds, congrats. Either you or your mate needs a belt. haha. Ben

Ha ha yeah he's all you know what and ribs..LOL.....

The tinny has a 200ltr fuel tank and we carried 3 jerrys with us.......the Garmin fuel flow tells me we used 209ltrs all up......not bad considering we had a 180ltr and 60ltr esky 40ltrs of water and all the other associated fishing/sleeping/drinking/eating crap we took aswell.....still able to sit on 18-24kts cruising though.

Dan

Well done matey. Happy you didn't sell the boat now Did you go out from the Daly?

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrah Jack View Post
    Well done matey. Happy you didn't sell the boat now Did you go out from the Daly?
    We left from Dundee Beach.....crossed Fog Bay around the Perrons out to Bateman then across Anson Bay over to Cape Ford then to Cape Scott and then down to the Little Moyle......all my old stomping grounds from years ago when I was guiding........did a lot of exploration this trip seen as I was under no real pressure to catch fish.
    Yeah i'm glad I didn't sell the tinny but with 60hrs on the motor in 20 odd months it's still a lot of dough tied up in a boat I don't get to use often enough.

Cheers Dan

Great read and exciting fishing by the looks of it and a few ks covered this is the sort of thing that boat was built for I take it ,😃😃😃good work dan . I am sticking with the fin for now as we have bought a coromal camper van and we are going to do some touring around so new boat is out for now north QLD for us next year is the aim for now . Great pics hopefully more to come thanks for sharing ..Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......