Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Cairns area - saltwater.

Re: Cairns area - saltwater.

Well not zero, there's a few fish there but not a great show. Forgot to get an image later with fish right through the bottom third of the water column, will get a decent show pic next time I see one (hopefully next trip lol).

There's a quick tip I learned of Youtube though for my sounder, avoid the zoom button and instead set a minimum and maximum depth, that will force the sounder to use all of the available pixels within a certain range, where the zoom just makes the current pixel image larger. So in the image above the minimum is 30m and the maximum is 40m.

does anyone know if there is an outboard mechanic on the Tablelands to service my 115 Yammy or do I need to take it to Cairns? I'm in Mareeba.

Quote Originally Posted by ITZADOOZEE View Post
    does anyone know if there is an outboard mechanic on the Tablelands to service my 115 Yammy or do I need to take it to Cairns? I'm in Mareeba.
    yes mate, his name's John and he's at Karumba at the moment, he's coming through Mareeba in early October so I have him lined up to service my boat and a couple mates might jump on the bandwagon, good pricing apparently, he does all our work boats. 0411636597.

cheers, Nick.

Nice day today.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicko_Cairns View Post
    yes mate, his name's John and he's at Karumba at the moment, he's coming through Mareeba in early October so I have him lined up to service my boat and a couple mates might jump on the bandwagon, good pricing apparently, he does all our work boats. 0411636597.

cheers, Nick.
    Thanks for that Nick, I'll give him a call to try and tee something up as well.

Any one know the boat mechanic that travels up the cape at all?

Yep that would be him mate as he's in Karumba at the moment but travels quite a bit from what I've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Thompson View Post
    Any one know the boat mechanic that travels up the cape at all?

Mackerel mackerel mackerel

I'll send you some mate.

Anyone headed out this week? Looks like 10 knots or so for the end of the week.

I'm off to Maggie for the weekend, so unfortunately I'm out. The tides look a little rubbish mid week, not sure if that will impact on the fishing. Fingers crossed it's down for next week though.

Pazz

Bit rough for my little tub unfortunately, but I'll keep an eye on what the wind is like off Innisfail and might do another trip down there.

Just came across this? seams cheap, but I just can't quite make out what make it is!!! maybe just the hull only and no trailer. It mentions that there are 10 available.
    Not that I'm looking for another boat at the moment, just thought this was interesting.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Fibreglas...item20d41a6ca7

That's cheap for a new boat!! Smells dodgey to me though?

Ausfish Platinum Member scuttlebutt's Avatar

yeah that would be boat only. probably like those chinese made boats that Stefan was pushing?