Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Cairns area - saltwater.

Re: Cairns area - saltwater.

Managed to get out in the inlet for a couple of hours before the low tide this morning. Ended up keeping one barra for the neighbours around the 64cm mark but it ws the only one i saw. I was looking for new ground though so it might have been that and it might have been that I couldn't get the lure passed all the jacks !! Landed 6 legal ones around the 45cm mark and about the same again of under-sized ones. Something has definitely flicked the jack switch to ON .. bloody bycatch getting in the way!

Ausfish Platinum Member scuttlebutt's Avatar

yeah the jacks are active at the moment. Got 2 barra today but 4 jacks

fmark sept.jpgFinally got the pic to work of this fingermark from fri morn. 70cm of brute power
    fingerm.jpg
    "let not he boast who puts his armor on, as he who takes it off"

Wow Stonkin fish!

Looks like the low winds are going to hold out for the good tides this week. Not much water around though.

Here's hoping! I'm getting pretty excited watching the forecast and flying home on Wednesday night! Bring it on! 2 shifts to go. Wah hoo! (Maybe...)

Aggghhhhh I don't get back til Saturday!!

got out sunday 10-13knot SE most of the time we were out. Got a few nice fingermark the 2 bigger fish went 7 and 7.2kg they look a lot smaller in the pic as usual, nice blackspot tuskie too which is pretty much my favourite eating fish.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Some really nice crays there too !

Hitting the reef up tomorrow. Fingers crossed for some good conditions and good fish. Will post a report, if worthy, but of late they haven't been worth writing about.

Pazz

Where are you headed to? Il give you a wave if I go out in the arvo. You can't miss my yellow tub.

Hey guys

Just a quick report. Hit the reef today in beautiful conditions. First few stops the sharks gave us a touch up on the trout. But we managed a good bag of 11 trout for the day.

Headed out into the deep water and we managed to pick up 12 nice big mouth plus 5 rosy jobfish. They were pretty finicky so we were pretty lucky to catch as many as we did.

Overall it was a very good day out on the water with the old man with a good haul of about 25 fish so we can't complain. First good feed we've had in over 4 months. I could really get used to fishing mid-week. The ramp is easy, less boats out everywhere. Was just really enjoyable.

I'll try and get some photos tomorrow when we clean up the boat.

Sorry Matt, we headed out off Cairns around Finn.

Pazz

Well done Pazz, glad that you had a good trip..

We got a few of these the other day...

Mackerel mackerel mackerel