Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Cairns area - saltwater.

Re: Cairns area - saltwater.

Any reports Coming in with this weather? Makes me sick sitting at work when it's 5 knots out there. I have to wait till Sunday to get out and they are predicting 10-15 se for Sunday at this stage how typical.

Anyone going down to kurrimine for the comp next week? If this weather holds I'm Gunna go down in the spearfishing section be good to dive some new reefs and see what it's like down there. We only allowed to weigh like 6 species for some stupid reason line fishers can weigh in a stack of species should be good if the weathers good.

Haha I'm still stuck at work until next weekend. Makes me sick watching the weather reports and not being at home!

All of the weeks to plan surgery... Weekend should be fun. We are going wide to test the water. Has anyone caught yellowfin or wahoo out wide yet?

Well I'm away part of the weekend and all next week, so in true tradition it will be 0-5 knots all week probably.. you're welcome gents, you're welcome

Hey Matt bugger that mate u seem to cop the raw end of the deal all the time!! Must be time to get a job closer to home man that would kill Mel

caught a great fingermark early this morn. Cant get pics to upload. Why is it so often a drama to get pics up on this site? what works best. Beats me!
    Last edited by odes20; 13-09-2013 at 02:30 PM. Reason: pics
    "let not he boast who puts his armor on, as he who takes it off"

Not sure if this is best but I open the pic in Paint and resize it by pixels making sure the larger dimension is less than 800 pixels, then there's no problem!

So open Paint - hit "resize" select pixels and type over the larger number, making that say 750, then save it somewhere and upload. I usually make it a jpeg too, not sure if that's necessary but it works.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by odes20 View Post
    caught a great fingermark early this morn. Cant get pics to upload. Why is it so often a drama to get pics up on this site? what works best. Beats me!

Yeah or use photobucket and just copy the link and paste on here once you have downloaded your pic. I think photobucket auto re sizes it once you paste it here...

Did you hit the reef odes?

Ausfish Platinum Member scuttlebutt's Avatar

Did an overnighter on the reef wed night. Got about a dozen Largemouth, 1 goldband and a million Spangles (all released). Fantastic conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Daintreediver View Post
    Hey Matt bugger that mate u seem to cop the raw end of the deal all the time!! Must be time to get a job closer to home man that would kill Mel
    Yeah tell me about it! I have had some great days, I just take the good with the bad.
    If I didn't do what I do I wouldn't be able to have a nice house/car & boat so I just gotta do it whilst I'm young. Once I'm all paid off il get a job at maccas and fish all the good days! One day...

I wonder whether we will see any good reports over the weekend or whether mid week next week with the tides will produce better fish.

Quote Originally Posted by scuttlebutt View Post
    Did an overnighter on the reef wed night. Got about a dozen Largemouth, 1 goldband and a million Spangles (all released). Fantastic conditions.
    I can feel a sicky coming up!! You don't like spangles? or were they under size? They can be thick out there.

Ausfish Platinum Member scuttlebutt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo76 View Post
    I can feel a sicky coming up!! You don't like spangles? or were they under size? They can be thick out there.
    They were all around 3kg, just a bit rubbery for my liking

Yep true spring weather conditions have arrived, and it will be great when the tides pick up. How often we yearn for this glut of light winds !

Yeah Im not big on spangles either, compared to LM and others they are a bit rubbery. I also find no joy in reef jacks. Over 2 kgs they go downhill fast as a table fish out there. I used to regard them as a real trophy fish but the big ones are not a good chew at all

Thanks for the tips on the pic uploading.
    "let not he boast who puts his armor on, as he who takes it off"

I ate about a 5kg reef jack the other day and it was lovely!

Quote Originally Posted by odes20 View Post
    Yep true spring weather conditions have arrived, and it will be great when the tides pick up. How often we yearn for this glut of light winds !

Yeah Im not big on spangles either, compared to LM and others they are a bit rubbery. I also find no joy in reef jacks. Over 2 kgs they go downhill fast as a table fish out there. I used to regard them as a real trophy fish but the big ones are not a good chew at all

Thanks for the tips on the pic uploading.