Ausfish Platinum Member scuttlebutt's Avatar

Re: Cairns area - saltwater.

Quote Originally Posted by odes20 View Post
    Attachment 110975
    Got 22 nice fish sth of Linden
    Attachment 110975.
    can't see your attachments odes

Pretty cool for anyone who's ever fished the Green Island Wreck. He's got a few other vids of other local wrecks as well.

Ivesy - would love to see your vids of the Snapper wreck and the wonky holes if you work out how to upload them!!

Quote Originally Posted by scuttlebutt View Post
    can't see your attachments odes
    Thx scuttlebutt, they are up now.
    cheers!
    "let not he boast who puts his armor on, as he who takes it off"

Cheers odes got the gps sorted. Hey Moffy would love to dive that green island wreck looks awsome a lot bigger than the snapper wreck. My footage of the snapper wreck was taken with my old digital camera set on video mode this was in the days before gopros we're out so the footage is no where near as clear as that but still cool to see the snapper wreck as very few people have speared it.

I've dove/speared the Double Island Second Wreck before. Wasn't that an experience... 6 boats drifting pilchards onto your head and two monster groupers looming just in eye range.

marlin.jpgmarlin2.jpgbluefin.jpgGOPR4770.jpg

We caught a few nice fish over the school holidays..my dad caught a marlin and a bluefin just off Dunk island and I got this Trevally..we were actually fishing for Spanish but except for one that I landed all the others were taken by large bullsharks..

I just checked weather and I believe I may be coming down with a mystery virus on Friday😋.........anyone else conspiring to do the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicko_Cairns View Post
    Hey Nick,
    Great footage, what camera are you using?

TMC

i am heading out overnight friday, hope the weather holds! Looking forward to getting stuck in with any luck

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Cat View Post
    Hey Nick,
    Great footage, what camera are you using?

TMC
    Hi mate,

Just a basic GoPro Roam as I stick it in the water and plan on dropping it down to the bottom and trolling it, I didn't want to buy anything more expensive!

Cheers mate.

Has anyone been out offshore recently and do reds and LMN fire when there are low pressure systems around. I know all good bottom fish have finished spawning. I heard that fish shut down when cyclones are about. I'm hoping to test that theory in the next few days.

Just a bit of jigging at reef, no night trips at present.
    "let not he boast who puts his armor on, as he who takes it off"

Quote Originally Posted by Daintreediver View Post
    Cheers odes got the gps sorted. Hey Moffy would love to dive that green island wreck looks awsome a lot bigger than the snapper wreck. My footage of the snapper wreck was taken with my old digital camera set on video mode this was in the days before gopros we're out so the footage is no where near as clear as that but still cool to see the snapper wreck as very few people have speared it.
    That would be awesome to see, is it on youtube?

Hi All,
    Anyone been out lately. Northerlies and bloody hot.