Thread: Runaway Bay Land Based

Runaway Bay Land Based

Another Sunday evening had me heading to Runaway Bay to chase a feed for the family. On arrival, my whitebait were quickly chomped by small tailor - all over 30cm but under 35cm. Great fun on the light gear and all released. In amongst the small tailor, one just legal flathead emerged. Things were slow after dark with only a couple of bream about 7:30PM, but then as the tide got up the bream started to bite consistently. I wanted some whiting as well as bream, and on cue they popped up in very shallow water (about a foot and a half). There were still a few bream amongst them, but I had my dozen so they went back. The whiting came quite quickly and I left them biting with a solid feed of fish for my large household for a couple of nights. No fish are ever wasted in my house, as even the much maligned bream gets turned into some delicious meals.

The best bait for the evening was Cribb Island worms, with yabbies producing no legal fish.

It was a good night, home earlier than expected and another feed in the esky.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF8128__1376298758_101.162.181.12.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	17.8 KB 
ID:	95474   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF8127__1376298583_101.162.181.12.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	95473  

Re: Runaway Bay Land Based

That's awesome Daryl. How many hours did you put in for that lot? I keep telling myself I should go and have a crack at that one night. Is the run up the best tide?

Very nice work Daryl. Some nice ting in amongst those ones.

Have you had a try with the SP worms yet? Next time there's a hot bite on, how about you pop one on the hook and let us know what happens! We have been doing OK with them o the divers, in fact a times they take them and not squid. The new skinny Japanese ones (forget the name) seem to be the go-to ones, but Gulps on "motor oil" color seem to go well too.

Grant
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Quote Originally Posted by thelump View Post
    That's awesome Daryl. How many hours did you put in for that lot? I keep telling myself I should go and have a crack at that one night. Is the run up the best tide?
    You should do it! Infact, you should pick me up on the way through!

Quote Originally Posted by cobiaman View Post
    You should do it! Infact, you should pick me up on the way through!
    Yeah serious! Wanna have a crack one Friday or Saturday night? Shotty not driving!

Yeah im keen as mustard! Only live 10 minutes from there as well

Hi guys,

It was about 6 hours all up, but for 2 of those hours there was virtually nothing. The run-in tide certainly fired them up last night, but the previous Sunday it was the ebb. That's fishing.m

Moonlighter, I haven't had a crack with soft plastics, but I do have some lined up to use over at Straddie when I am working over there in a couple of weeks and will testing out bond uni where I know some fish are.

Ausfish Silver Member
    Blog Entries

Nice feed mate. Those Whiting should increase in numbers and size around the Full Moon in a few days time.