Thread: 1770 advice on getting the family into offshore action.

1770 advice on getting the family into offshore action.

Hi guys,
    It's about time I got my family (wife and 2 girls 7 and 11) into a bit of offshore action. They are keen as mustard after scoring a few 6" whiting in the Noosa river on the weekend and we are having a family holiday at 1770 at the end of September.
    I'm looking for some advice from the family fishers on here for where we should go and what to target. Of course I would only put to sea on a great day, I certainly don't want to scare them off! I had thought about running up to the caeta wreck and dropping some small baits. Are there any close (3-6nm) reefs that hold a few little Hussar etc?
    Any ideas or suggestions welcome!
    fruit salad is the new Bacon

Re: 1770 advice on getting the family into offshore action.

Good luck. I took my family out of cape moreton last weekend. glasses out perfect conditions. son starts saying he feels sick then throwing up everywhere. only caught one 40cm snapper (wife caught it) not very successful lots of small earliest. next time I will leave them home.I will reserve bay and river trips for family outings.

Thanks for sharing, but I hope it doesn't pan out like that for us!!

Plenty of ground around the 6 - 9 mile area. Even the bait grounds just out the front hold a few reefies. Another option is to run up to Bustard Head and either have a troll for Macks or fish the shallow reefs in the area. You can break the day up with a run around to Pancake creek for a walk on the beach etc
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Thanks Neil. I like the idea of the bait grounds to get them some immediate bights and action. Have the "Bait Grounds" stayed fairly static for the last couple of years? It's been a while since we hit them last.

Last year the bait was a hundred meters closer in than my previous marks but still close. You could check with Tony at Agnes Bait & Tackle for some other close in marks. Last year there were a number of small Blacks lurking around the baitgrounds
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    Plenty of ground around the 6 - 9 mile area. Even the bait grounds just out the front hold a few reefies. Another option is to run up to Bustard Head and either have a troll for Macks or fish the shallow reefs in the area. You can break the day up with a run around to Pancake creek for a walk on the beach etc
    x2 with this. A few good fish to be had and a magic spot in Pancake Creek = good family day out!