Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How do we get a fish cleaning station at Cleveland Ramp ??

Re: How do we get a fish cleaning station at Cleveland Ramp ??

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
    Be careful Walrus - there are restrictions and rules about filleting at sea! I wouldnt recommend it!

I have heeard the points from Ray and others about cluttering up ramps - but that is just one of the issues a working group could consider.

But if there's not enough interest, let it slide. No skin off my nose, fellas, as you saw from my earlier post, I am already nicely set up with a filleting table at home, so it doesnt bother me much either way.

On the other side of the coin, I would be prepared to put some time in if there was sufficient interest/enthusiasm. We would need about 4 or 5 people to put their hands up to be the core team to get together to look at all the issues, and then decide if it was worth pushing ahead or not. There are funding sources out there that could be tapped into for these things as well, you know.
    I am happy to get involved. I am not a complainer unless I feel strongly against things.
    Also I don't see much point in getting a group going if the majority of us don't want cleaning tables.
    I would rather spend my time getting things going that the majority of us think are needed.
    After my wedding in October I am more than willing to help establish a Baysiders fishing group that gives us a voice to the government bodies to try and get us better facilities and a say in some of their decisions.
    Thoughts ???????????

Quote Originally Posted by MrNanks View Post
    Hi Jason, Are you talking Redland Bay fishing club or the one at Cleveland ?
    Cheers
    Redland bay

Redland Bay?? That means Muddy Toes could use it. Why should he get preference?

TOL

they don't have cleaning stations in the north because the waste attracts vermin and crocs
    in south Queensland they shouldn't have cleaning facilities unless they have sewered sites to wash away the blood and guts and sumps for the frames
    in the south we have no deep water ramps or big enough tides to keep the area clean, so others have to deal with your mess
    this is generally the local council and then everyone whinges about paying for that in the rates
    if you want to catch fish take responsability for your own crap
    buggers me why everyone expects to be baby sat, why not clean your fish at home, freeze the waste and then use it for berley/crab bait next trip or bury it in the yard
    cheers
    IFISHCQ2

I would be very suspect about laying my nice clean fillets on some dodgy cutting board marinating in fish guts for days at a time. I'm happy to do mine at home on an adjustable painters trestle and large cutting board
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

oh come on Horse
    what is a little salmonella between friends
    IFISHCQ2

Quote Originally Posted by ifishcq1 View Post
    they don't have cleaning stations in the north because the waste attracts vermin and crocs
    in south Queensland they shouldn't have cleaning facilities unless they have sewered sites to wash away the blood and guts and sumps for the frames
    in the south we have no deep water ramps or big enough tides to keep the area clean, so others have to deal with your mess
    this is generally the local council and then everyone whinges about paying for that in the rates
    if you want to catch fish take responsability for your own crap
    buggers me why everyone expects to be baby sat, why not clean your fish at home, freeze the waste and then use it for berley/crab bait next trip or bury it in the yard
    cheers
    What a great idea. I never thought of using the scraps for crab pot bait. Very sharp. Not sure where the baby sitting comment is coming from ?????????? Like I said , I am happy to help in a group to get better facilities for all of us but I aren't going to put the effort in and cop bullets from people that don't like all the ideas. Whatever it is, ramp facilities , parking etc.

There is a big reason why they don't have cleaning facilities for boat ramps area's, and that is vandalism. Kids will just destroy them or someone will steal it.

Mrnanks no shot at you at all, every question is a good one
    just a generalization
    cheers
    IFISHCQ2