Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stonker Winteries at Rous

Stonker Winteries at Rous

Hey all,

Spent one of the better days of the year, getting a great feed of winteries.

A mate and I kept 30 with the smallest 24 and and the average around 28cm. We threw 1 back and the rest were fat!

had to search for them but found them in 3.5m of water about 500m from the red marker at the Rous.

Went over Myora marker to drift some live pike we also caught, and got slammed on the first drift for a miss and then all went quiet withe the glass out conditions.

Hope everyone else is getting a feed.

Cheers
    Bermo

Re: Stonker Winteries at Rous

Bermo....they are good size lately, but today I found them hard to nail
    we got 40, but as my previous posts read they were plentiful, but not today.....normally lately easy bag limit

cheers
    Robin

I was out there today as well but could only manage 20, but good size.

Going to give sandhill a try tomorrow

wasn't sure if u where there Greg, saw couple jetskis....do u carry mobile phone on u when out there?

Don't know about you guys. Bagged out with three on board. Bloody big whitting.
    The good thing is I only need to fillet 30. Neighbours got a nice feed and the deckie got the rest.

Greg, you were pretty close to me. It's hard to stop fishing when your pulling monsters in, but we had to leave then chewing.

Secret bait is...

tim you still using prawns for bait

No more secrets for you rosco. Yeah prawns

lol,u know all mine tim ...even my spot xyz.

Thanks lads.
    I am taking my young fella over there tomorrow. The best ever fishing session he has had has been winter whiting at Burrum Heads a long time ago.

I am glad to hear they are there.
    I am going to try squid strips. I was told to soak them in pink food die to make them look like worms. Bloody messy though.
    Cheers

Robin, mobile is with me all time. 0411643128. Mate and i carry radios and stay on channel 17.

Tim what boat u in today?

All good.

I hope we find them at sandhills in the morning. Leaving clontarf at 7.30. Ended up going from manly today.
    I just looked on nav map and distance is same from clontarf to sandhill as manly to sandhill. Well within a k anyway. Surprised me.

Cheers
    Greg

Greg

White half cab boat with two aerials

We were at the Rous this morning too. And found them very hit and miss too, but good quality. so after an hour we headed to the Sandhills, where they were in better numbers but still not thick. Poked around and did ok.

Once the tide turned we went to a spot we fished a few weeks ago in about 6m and anchored up, and put 80 more in the esky in quick time. So happy with that.

Might be back out the again tomorrow to chase a few more.

Cheers

M

Squid for bait. Prawns, eh! Mmmmmm........
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Hey moon.
    If u are at sandhills tomorow have a look for couple jet skis. Yammys ith blue eskies on back.

Cheers
    Greg

Hey moon
    Were you at big or small sandhills

OK guys, will keep a look out for you. My boat is as per picture in avatar. Blue Surtees. Saw you at Rous this morning, I think. It was a bit windy there early, hey! Wind vs tide, a bit joggly.

Went to both big and little sandhills. Most boats were at little. We got quite a few there, but ended up getting the most after lunch near the yellow marine park buoy in about 6-7m. Tried same spot in morning but the baby sweetlip were pretty thick, so moved to little.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....