Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Police crack down - trailer boats

Re: Police crack down - trailer boats

Decide for yourself...

GAC

Restraining loads (read more at: http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Safety/Veh...restraint.aspx )

Sorry Benben86 just seen your link.I guess we could have this ready if the BIB try to book us.I have heard in the past (not seen)that they will book uncovered trailers with grass etc as per the legislation.

Quote Originally Posted by Giveitacrack View Post
    Decide for yourself...

GAC

Restraining loads (read more at: http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Safety/Veh...restraint.aspx )

Quote Originally Posted by wayno60 View Post
    Capt, dont forget ya cargo net!!
    yeah Captain, and don't forget your bag and size limits brochure, and your green zone maps, and your go slow dugong maps and your no anchoring zone maps, and your grey nurse area maps and don't forget your prop cover, tie down strap, flares, epirb, navigational charts, v sheet, signal mirror, working radio, and your list of protected no take species, inflatable life jackets, signalling device, and your fire fighting equipment (is it in date?) and your pumping bailing equipment, and your anchoring equipment with specified chain length? I hope you are going to be alright Captain. remember ignorance is no excuse...........

funny how no-one gave a flying bat poo about being mindful of keeping loose items secured prior to it becoming a law. Now it's a law all these do gooders jump and down and say it must be done blah blah. we have all gone mad.

Si, it's actually been law since 2004 i think. ATM the rumor mill has primed it into headlines.
    Jack.

Just wondering how its easier to see a fluro flag than a shiny stainless steel prop

I was just reading those rules and tips on load restraints, flag on motor, OK but then it asks that at night you must secure reflectors to it too.
    I don't know who the person is thats driving behind me without their lights on that I need to put a reflector on my boat motor too!! AT 3 IN THE MORNING!! I guess its just all those pissed drink drivers on the way home from the pub.

Can do man can because he can, got to love that baldyhead.