Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Police crack down - trailer boats

Re: Police crack down - trailer boats

I'd be happier if this all died in the arse.

Keep repeating this baseless rumour and it will come true!

(Using Tapatalk on iPhone so can't easily 'thank' or 'like')

Hey dont shoot the messenger. The guy thought he was doing the right thing. I have seen all this before but gee some of u blokes do carry on.
    As ray said just do the right thing and all will be ok.

We will just sit back and wait for the first bloke to get caught and then see what the comments are. Prob someone will say," wish i was told,".

Symetre, thanks for the thought mate. All good as far as iam concerned.

Actually I have used this subject as a positive.
    At first I was concerned that all trailerboat owners were liable for some pretty big fines, similar to the new laws regarding utes, tie downs and loose items which were a sudden shock to many of us.
    For a couple months now, the back of my ute is the cleanest it has ever been, and has a tie down system with clips for bags and things.
    And my jetski is set up now in a way that allows me to carry the rods on board while towing on the road.
    All good, and Thanks to someone else for bringing it up in a previous thread.
    Pauly
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

It is not so much a rumor, but more a fact that anything that can be lifted or blown or fall out of a ute, boat, trailer, car or any other vehicle needs to be secured. The laws plainly state that, it is up to you to either secure the load or run the risk of being issued a fine at the disgression of the officer that may pull you over.

I can not see why boaties see this as an issue, you guys are nothing special that do not need to obey the laws in place. Just step up to the mark and toe the line and stop your bloody whining like spoilt girls.
    Jack.

I heard a rumour Peter Beatie was going back to politics and I chose to ignore it. What a goose I was!!
    Never say never.
    Bring Out Another Thousand tragic

Good on ya jack

We got pulled over at Gin Gin just over 12 months ago ...... The officer went over the trailer & because we were loaded up for a camping trip he wanted everything secured ...... he said "get one of those cargo nets"
    As it turned out , I had a brand newie in the car ....... & he even helped us fit it !

Now as far as I was concerned - there was nothing that could have blown out .....
    He did not fine me ..... as he didn't want to spoil my holiday - his words

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Thanks heaps, Just rang my friend up to tell him about this.
    I'll have to tell my dad also cause we tend to just lay the fishing rods in the fishing boat
    while driving down the highway that and tackle boxes, We have never had anything fly out
    of the boat while on the highway though but I guess it's needed now.

Would this also be for kayakers say if I'm carrying my kayak on the car roof I need to put a flag tied on it.
    Cause by law I never needed to but I don't want to be fined if now they changed the size limits.

Nothing's changed since 2004 based on the info I've read. It has been this way for a long time.
    http://www.ntc.gov.au/viewpage.aspx?...DocumentId=862
    http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Safety/Veh...restraint.aspx
    The laws and guidelines for anyone interested.

This is why years ago lots of different people used to write on this site with wide range of fish from all over the place and now not so much....
    Thanks symetre for your help anyway mate, appreciate it!

Anyone know the rules and regulations regarding the amount on overhang (outboard) you're allowed before requiring a flag on the leg? I thought it was 1.5 m. Mine is 1.15 m.

I was chipped by a boy in blue last year at Burrum Heads.

"I'll let you off this time...............Fix it" was what I was told but no info about the actual regulations was forthcoming and I wasn't game to ask. The guy could have qualified for his own post code and wasn't that user friendly.

1.2 metres mate. Not sure why you would've had dramas.

If it was fair dinkum the cops would be set up on the road into the boat ramp and be stinging every man and his dog this weekend.

Blah Blah Blah !!! I'm going Fish'n .....................

Capt, dont forget ya cargo net!!