Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got a spare spot?

Got a spare spot?

Hey all,

I've been struggling for the past 6 months land based around Brissy trying to have a good day fishing but have come up without a scale almost every time. I'd love to go fishing with someone who has a clue. If anyone has a spare spot on their boat or wants to show me where I can get a decent feed off the bank I'll pay my way and be good company.

Got a four day weekend this weekend thankfully so if anybody is heading out this afternoon, tomorrow or any other day let me know. As I said I can pay for the petrol/bait whatever. I've got my own gear. Just want to have a good days fishing to get my mind off this crap week I've had. Boss gave me the time off and told me to go fishing lol.

I live in Carina. But would be up for a trek or whatever.

Anyway hopefully someone's feeling generous. Cheers.
    Last edited by MacDougall; 08-08-2013 at 03:38 PM. Reason: forgot to mention something

Re: Got a spare spot?

Great idea MacDougall.
    I am the same. Not enough fish and want to learn.

I am no good to you because we both aren't catching fish. I am sure someone will help.

Have fun.

Cheers Dave

I am looking for someone for someone, preferably rather wide of beam, in nautical terms, whom may like to drive my Seadoo 3 seater jet ski and cop the cold wind and spray, whilst I sit on the back seat and stay dry.
    It is an offer, you did ask....
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

MacDougall, I am looking at a window on Monday morn if you are interested, we are in Capalaba & leave from Raby Bay. This Sat & Sun are out for us.

Prolly go out to the rous and around Harries chasing Whiting. All depends on wind M8.
    You're welcome to climb aboard.....

& Dave,I go out regularly during the week if you have the time ?
    Can always put in at Weinam Creek & do the southern bay if you wish ?

Cheers, Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by FatBuoy View Post
    I am looking for someone for someone, preferably rather wide of beam, in nautical terms, whom may like to drive my Seadoo 3 seater jet ski and cop the cold wind and spray, whilst I sit on the back seat and stay dry.

You're a wacker Pauly

oops, just remembered you are a bit younger than I..."wacker" - old term fer Larrikin

I might have to do something drastic too, invite myself onto your boat Ray, or Roscos boat or Timddo or somebody who can show me how to catch these little tings. Because at the moment I may as well fish from land next to you macDougall, at least I won't burn 50 ltrs of fuel trying. Although, whatever busted me off 3 times at Harries last Saturday was worth the 3 or 4 seconds adrenaline rush each time. #@!!# Russian sub still finds me every time I go there!!

Macdougall, PM me your phone number and I will see what you are doing next time I am looking for a deckie. I'll fish anything... plastics mostly, but bait, whatever puts a fish in the boat I am happy.

Scalem

Quote Originally Posted by solemandownunder View Post
    MacDougall, I am looking at a window on Monday morn if you are interested, we are in Capalaba & leave from Raby Bay. This Sat & Sun are out for us.

Prolly go out to the rous and around Harries chasing Whiting. All depends on wind M8.
    You're welcome to climb aboard.....

& Dave,I go out regularly during the week if you have the time ?
    Can always put in at Weinam Creek & do the southern bay if you wish ?

Cheers, Ray.
    Thanks mate. I usually work Mon-Fri and only had yesterday and today off as a freak occurrence so the week is usually out for me unless it's an after work situation. I usually do all my fishing down around Raby Bay so it'd be perfect but unfortunately I can't .

Quote Originally Posted by FatBuoy View Post
    Haha cheers mate. Would I be getting any fishing done in this situation? lol

I'm happy to take anyone out on my tinny. If you've got your own gear and can tie a knot you've got my usual "decky" beat.

You're a wacker Pauly

oops, just remembered you are a bit younger than I..."wacker" - old term fer Larrikin
    You sure larrikin isn't an old term also?

Quote Originally Posted by PixieAU View Post
    You sure larrikin isn't an old term also?
    Ahhh there I go...showin' me age agin....

Quote Originally Posted by MacDougall View Post
    Thanks mate. I usually work Mon-Fri and only had yesterday and today off as a freak occurrence so the week is usually out for me unless it's an after work situation. I usually do all my fishing down around Raby Bay so it'd be perfect but unfortunately I can't .
    M8, if a window opens up for YOU during ANY week anytime...just PM me and we will look at the options

Know wot I mean

Sometimes one can be "sick" on a particular day when the weather is favourable....EVEN in ADVANCE....

Ray.

M8, if a window opens up for YOU during ANY week anytime...just PM me and we will look at the options

Know wot I mean

Sometimes one can be "sick" on a particular day when the weather is favourable....EVEN in ADVANCE....

Ray.
    Haha yeah I do know what you mean. Thanks a lot Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by MacDougall View Post
    Haha yeah I do know what you mean. Thanks a lot Ray.
    Sacked!

Signed
    The Boss

Lol what's up man? I pm'd you my phone number. Ready when you are.

Yeah gotta be careful not to post any pictures of my sick days anywhere boss man can find em . Or at least wait til the weekend lol.