Thread: english first

english first

I contacted a new member on here, on a family visit to Australia, Cliff, aka hooperjaws?, and took him for a fish today
    we bagged out on whiting before the rouse entrance and left them biting

Cliff was impressed with the easy way of scaling the whiting, as well as the catch, just hope he and his family enjoy our whiting far better than their opinion of their own whiting, though im sure they will love the sweet little fish we have abundantly here in winter

it was a pleasure to take him for a fish, we also met up with Ray, aka solemandownunder, whilst out there and had a chat

cheers
    Robin

Re: english first

Many thanks for taking me out on this trip Rob. I had a fab time. Was a bit humbling to be out fished by you so easily. I think you must have caught three fish for every one I did (at least)!! Was great fun racing each other to try and get the final bag limit fish. It was also nice to see some species I've not see before, the leatherjacket, the grinner fish, and the pike. My brother in law (who im staying with while im in australia) had some friends over last night and we had some of the whiting and the pike. The whiting IS better than the whiting back home. It tastes much better and the texture is 10000% better. The whiting back home is a slightly larger fish, doesn't have the white lateral stipe on its body, and the texture of the meat is flakey and off putting. You certainly won't see fillets of it being sold anywhere, despite the rivers and sea being filled with them about now.
    Thanks for the offer of taking me out again, if I can get free at some point when you are going out, I'll defo come along. I've also got an idea or two on a way to try to beat you next time ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by HooperJaws View Post
    Many thanks for taking me out on this trip Rob. I had a fab time. Was a bit humbling to be out fished by you so easily. I think you must have caught three fish for every one I did (at least)!! Was great fun racing each other to try and get the final bag limit fish. It was also nice to see some species I've not see before, the leatherjacket, the grinner fish, and the pike. My brother in law (who im staying with while im in australia) had some friends over last night and we had some of the whiting and the pike. The whiting IS better than the whiting back home. It tastes much better and the texture is 10000% better. The whiting back home is a slightly larger fish, doesn't have the white lateral stipe on its body, and the texture of the meat is flakey and off putting. You certainly won't see fillets of it being sold anywhere, despite the rivers and sea being filled with them about now.
    Thanks for the offer of taking me out again, if I can get free at some point when you are going out, I'll defo come along. I've also got an idea or two on a way to try to beat you next time ;-)
    GOOD LUCK in THAT one

Cheers, Ray.

Cliff, glad your family enjoyed them
    you can see why they are also an excellent fish for youngsters to learn to catch fish, when you get onto a school, you can hardly miss catching a few

I cant wait for my 3yo grandson to get old enough to take out fishing, well at the moment he says he wants to go fishing in the boat, just don't want to take him out too young and get him scared of the water

cheers
    Robin