Thread: Runaway Bay Land Based

Runaway Bay Land Based

Now that the days are a little bit warmer, it was time to let Max tag along and get back into the habit to catch some fish. We went to Runaway Bay. With the sun high in the sky and the water very clear, it was going to be tough, but we managed a few fish. Max was wrapped with a solid tarwhine and got a couple of decent bream as well. I produced a couple of whiting but not real size. Nonetheless a few hours fishing, digging sand castles and kicking a ball around produced a small feed of fish.

As I suspected there would be a few fish there at a more appropriate time to fish, I went back and had a look after dark. The run-in tide was poor with no decent bites at all, but the early part of the ebb tide produced some fish. Some nice quality whiting, and a couple of bream. I could have caught more, but it was getting late and I had the fish that I wanted.

Again, you don't need a boat or a 4WD to catch fish, and Runaway Bay is just one of the many spots that can produce a feed of quality bread and butter fish from the shore.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1680.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	72.6 KB 
ID:	95231   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1690.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	95232  

Blog Entries

Re: Runaway Bay Land Based

Thanks for sharing mate, goes to show you dont need to get all fancy to enjoy a day fishing and get a feed!!

Correct Funchy. You can have a lot of fishing just by keeping things nice and simple.

If it is the same Daryl M that I remember from the late 1980's in Shorncliffe, well he could only really fish off the bank, and would out-fish probably anyone.
    Pauly
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Daryl if my wife sees these posts there will be hell to pay.
    I keep telling her there are no fish in SEQ so I need to go to Stanage/Swains/Breaksea spit/Yeppoon/Agnes just to catch a feed
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Indeed it is Pauly. Horse, I gotta chuckle out of that.

Daryl,
    Will send you a PM soon.
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Okay Pauly.